Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saturday at the 2007 Jersey Jam Disc Golf Tournament


Headed up to Rutgers on Saturday to compete in the 2007 Jersey Jam. Saturday was for AMS and Sunday for the PROS. There were 70 AMs in attendance on Saturday. During this event the Rutgers course is modified cutting out some holes and making some existing ones play long and additional holes are added around the pond and in the field.

Josh, Matt H., Cubby, and Big John

Here is the group I threw with during the first round of the event.

During the first round, I shot the the low round of everyone playing with a score of 56 (Who says Cubby can only play from the short tees).

After the first round we all enjoyed burgers and hot dogs. We also threw qualifying throws for a CTP prize of a DGA M-14 Disc Golf Target.

Cubby, Dave M., Tim F., and Tim G.

Here is the group I threw with during the second round of the event.

During the second round Kevin M. from Disc Golf Monthly TV followed our group around for half the round and he caught some of our group throwing some cool shots.

My second round was off the mark as I went out of bounds too many times and Dave M. threw a 54. My score was a 63 landing me tied for second place in the Advanced Masters Division with Tim G. Congrats to Dave M for winning the division.

After the second round of the event it was off to the finals for the CTP to win the M-14. Cubby wins the target :)


Here is a picture of Cubby's new M-14.

It was a great event and I want to thank all the NJ Disc Devils and all of the other volutnteers for making it a memorable day. It was also great to see lots of my Disc Golf friends at the event. Thanks to some of my friends for hooking me up with some new Champion Firebirds!

Congrats to Miguel for winning the Advanced Grandmasters Division in a playoff. (An administrative error during the event put Big John in the wrong division or he would have also been in the playoff for that division).

After the event I headed to work for a busy night at the Boardwalk.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cubby
How many baskets do you own now? Jason

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hi Jason, I have 2 Mach II News, One Innova traveler and now a DGA M-14, But who has time to use them I am always out on the course :) I put the M-14 in the house near my computer so I can keep my mine focused on Disc Golf as oftne as possible.

Anonymous said...

hey now cubby,sounds like a great time was had by all.Any idea as to the time frame that disc tv will post the Jersey Jam for us to watch?Perhaps you could donate your new basket to the Bunker Hill course,sort of a memorial for all you accomplish for the sport.Better then that you could use it as the main prize for the end of summer jam at bunker Hill or the end of the year prize.Enjoy your posts and info as always.Peace,mr ed,fl.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Mr. Ed, Always great to hear from you and I look forward to the day we get to throw some ronds together. As far as the new basket goes I was actually thinking of setting up a small practice course outside around the house. It would only have 3 baskets but would be great to throw when I can't get out on the course. A layout that forces me to use a mid range disc and throw staight versus swinging a firebird high and right. Speaking of Bunker Hill, I am expecting Rob to visit me at work any minute now to present me with the 2007 Bunker Hill Summer Series Tag that just came in. I'll post to the blog with a photo later.

Anonymous said...

Cubby learning to throw straight, what a concept!! Then he would be scary good!

#42

CDGW-Cubby said...

#42 aka Don T., If I could throw straight like you I would be dangerously good! I see you beat me by a stroke at the Jam. Good luck at the MSDGC, get another tourney Ace!