Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Monday Night / Tuesday Morning Disc Golf at Rutgers with Chris and Dennis


After work I headed to Trenton to help my youngest resolve some issues with her move back to College getting her computer outfitted with a wireless card and getting some things done for her at the house she is renting this year. After leaving Trenton, I headed to Rutgers for some Disc Golf.

Chris, Cubby, and Dennis

After a round as I was teeing off on Hole 8, I was approached by an individual saying "Cubby is that you?". It was a fellow Disc Golfer, Dennis. He has checked out the Blog and told me that he and his friend Chris talked yesterday about maybe running into me one night on the course. Dennis recently played in his first Disc Golf Tournament the 2007 Jersey Jam. He let me know that his friend Chris was on the way to the course.

After Chris arrived he showed us a picture of himself on Hole 1 Tee at Rutgers in the 70's before the baskets were installed, when the course was an object course. Chris had a super large Afro and I hope he can get me the picture to post on the blog.

We played 2 rounds and I had a blast throwing with Chris and Dennis. It really was cool getting to meet and enjoy Disc golf with others that have followed the Blog. I am really looking forward to throwing some rounds with Chris and Dennis again soon.

BTW, Dennis is running for the US Senate as a write in candidate for New Jersey. If elected he will appoint me to some sort of Disc Golf Advisory Position. He's got my vote! If I get any info on his campaign I will post it in the link section.


Here is a picture of Dennis putting on Hole 12's basket. It was dark and I had to use some photo software to over expose the picture. You can see the disc by the green light streak in the picture. Dennis made the Putt.

Thanks to Chris and Dennis for a very fun couple of rounds of Disc Golf. Welcome to Cubby's Disc Golf World my friends!

No comments: