Thursday, August 09, 2007

Disc Golf at Rutgers, a Disc Golf road trip with Karl on a long, hot, and humid day and two Skip Aces, and Barry Bonds hits Home Run number 756


After work on Tuesday I headed up to Rutgers for some Disc Golf before heading to Karl's on Wednesday morning for a Disc Golf road trip to Pennsylvania to play 6 courses that we had never played before. It was very hot and humid. I got my 221st Ace. I left the course at 2:30AM due to the rain.


A squirrel sleeping on the course, not looking too good though.


Cubby's 221st Ace Photo.

I drove up to Basking Ridge and parked the car in a shopping center and rode out the storm that rolled in as I was leaving Rutgers. It was full of lightning, wind, and rain. An F2 Tornado from this storm hit New York City. At 4:30AM, I headed to Karl's house and we departed on our road trip to play 6 courses in Pennsylvania. We stopped at a diner for breakfast in western New Jersey as the rain continued.

After breakfast the rain stopped and we arrived at our first course in Pennsylvania.


Here we are at Hacketts Park Disc Golf Course. After 18 holes it was on to the next course.


Here we are at DeSales University Disc Golf Course. After 18 holes it was off to the next course.


Here we are at Covered Bridge park Disc Golf Course. After 18 holes it was off to the next course.


Here we are at Victory Park Disc Golf Course. After 18 holes it was off to the next course.


Here we are at Salford Park Disc Golf Course (Karl's arm and Arrow appear in the picture). We saw a box turtle pictured below. After 18 holes it was off to the next course.


A Box Turtle


Here we are at Branchwood Park Disc Golf Course. Our final stop of the day. I got my 222nd Ace during the second round of 9 holes. We played 54 holes before playing a last round streching out the course by playing from one tee to second hole ahead. So we could air out some drives as Karl was working on his backhand drives.


Cubby's 222nd Ace Photo.

It was a very long, HOT and HUMID day of Disc Golf. Did I say hot and humid yet and lots of bugs. Used lots of tee shirts and drank lots of fluids. After dropping Karl off at his house, I got back home at 11PM and showered and went to bed, woke up after a 4 hours and decided to update the blog. Now back to bed as I have to work today/tonight.

By the way congrats to Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants on passing Hank Aaron on the all time Home Run list for Major League Baseball. But can he get two skip Aces in one day :) If you know Barry send him my way. Disc Golf could use the publicity. Now get out and play some Disc Golf people.

3 comments:

Robert Zurfluh said...

How are the courses Cubby. What courses are they similar to?

mag said...

Cubby, We need a map of the course locations so that we can TRY to visit some of the courses.....now go get some sleep......mag

PS. Those squirrels sleep more than you....

Anonymous said...

Hey....that Barry Bonds thing has me thinking. I know how I can lengthen my drives by about 200' next year!!!
Nah, I don't want to get kicked out of the Hall of Fame.
-Big John
HOF