Saturday, November 01, 2008

Day two in Virginia: A road trip report from Cubby's Disc Golf Vacation


Headed up to new Quarter Park Disc Golf Course in Willimsburg, VA Friday morning for some rounds of Disc Golf.

Cubby and Ty

Fellow Advanced Master Ty joined me for a round. Here we are in the Pro shop after the round.


I decided to spend the rest of the daylight hours back at Newport News Park Disc Golf Course. Here I am with Roy. We got in some rounds together. Roy was with me last year when I got my 250th Ace on this hole at Newport News Park DGC.

Tim, Otis, Alan, and Cubby.

Here I am with the over 40 bunch. Cubby managed a 1 stroke victory during the round with a long Putt on Hole 18 to go to 11 under.

Keith Z., Cubby, Keith B., Lana, and Big Head.

After the park closed I headed to Keith B's private Rockahock Disc Golf Course for a round of Night Disc Golf. Here we are in the clubhouse. I just missed getting my first Ace on the course when I chained out on a nice lefty drive. Keith and I finished playing after Midnight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now,ring chains throughout the day.ACE will follow today.Any chance/time you're playing at Bayshore?Bet that course has cahnged since '77-'79.Weather looks favorable for the tourney,Peace.mr ed

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby....How about a report on the Mongolian BBQ!!
Say hi to Ty if you see him again, he was in my group last year.
-HOF

mag said...

It's another Man Room like at Green Acres....sweet...

mag said...

hey nice pro shop where is it....any DX Panthers..???...mag