Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday Disc Golf at Marshall Street

Pyramids Disc Golf Course
Hole 18 Silver basket (Marshall Street)

I left my house at 2:30AM Saturday morning to drive up to Marshall Street for a doubles tournament at the Pyramids Disc Golf Course. I arrived at 7:00AM.

Cubby, Karl, Bill, Jesse, Cris, and Doug.

In the above picture I am teamed up with Karl M. There were 3 groups per hole. Karl and I scored a 59 from the Gold Tees on a bitter cold and windy day. We ended up 2 strokes behind the leaders in the Century Division (Both players ages added to meet or exceed 100 years old).

Karl just missed a getting a skip Ace on a nice overhand thow. He skipped off of the yellow band on the Discatcher Target.

Cubby, Karl, Bill, Mike, John, and Jim.

Here is the group I played with during the second round. I managed to lose another putter and did not play well. We lost another stroke to the leaders finishing tied for second.

After the round we all had a great meal at the course and a charity auction followed the meal. Lots of cool stuff at the auction.


Check out these cool homemade Disc Golf Targets.

Go online and check out all the cool Disc Golf stuff on the Marshall Street Website: http://marshallstreet.com/


A picture of the terrain and Silver and Gold basket positions on one of the holes.

I drove back to New Jersey after the charity auction getting home at 4:30AM on Sunday moring. Got 5 hours of sleep and then off to work.

Thanks to everyone at Marshall Street for a great event. Looking forward to next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now,great idea for recycle of tires."RETIRED" Baskets would be a great name.Perhaps I should copyrite that name for future use. Looking good at your live site.Chat must of not gone thru,Peace.

Anonymous said...

My group found that lost disc on the 4th hole on Friday & returned it to the shop.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Thanks for finding my putter and returning to the Pro Shop! I'll have my friend Karl make a run up there next time he is up at his house in CT.