Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day one in Virginia: A road trip report from Cubby's Disc Golf Vacation

I have internet access in my room in Virginia so I can update the blog while I am on vacation. Today was a long day. I left my house at 2:15AM Thursday morning with no sleep heading to Newport News, VA. I had to park at a rest stop near Richmond, VA during the trip down for a half hour nap.



I was the first one on the course and I got my 332nd Ace on Hole 8 at Newport News Park. It was great to be playing on one of my favorite courses, where I learned the sport.




Cubby's 332nd Ace Photo.


I met Sean on the course and he joined me for more rounds.


Sean's cousin Marc Joined us for some rounds. Sean and Marc recently relocated here from the midwest.


After Sean and Marc left the course, I got to throw some rounds with Aaron. Aaron will be competing in his first Disc Golf Tournament this weekend at the 11th Annual Fall Colrs Disc Golf Tournament.

I played until it got dark and the park closed. I left and got a room for my stay and ate at the famous Mongolian Barbecue place in Williamsburg. I know Big John loves this place. The food is great!

Tomorrow I will be Disc Golfing at New Quarter Park, the other course being used for this weekends event, and I hope to play some other area course too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby. Its nice to meet new disc golfers. Looks like you had a typo. You got your 3332nd ace or 332nd ace. Anyway nice ace. Ace Hole 13.

Disc Golfer Jr.

Quixote Kid said...

Congrats on 332! Way to go!

Looks like it's getting cool up your way, see some jackets on in your pics! Just starting to get reasonable temps here in TX (low-mid 80's).

Anonymous said...

hey now,congrats on your recent ACE.Hit chains for your tourney play and a few more ACES.Hippy Halloween,Peace.mr ed

Anonymous said...

Cubby, it was great to meet you this weeked in VA at the 11th Fall Colors Tourney in Newport News. I had a great time at my first ever tournament and playing 4 rounds back to back with ya :) You are a machine. Almost had you on one round, personal best for me, and definately fun. Keep up your travels and hopefully I will see you down here again next year.

Aaron D'Angelo

CDGW-Cubby said...

Aaron, I enjoyed throwing rounds with you at Newport News. I hope to see you again next year!