Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Disc Golf at Bunker Hill and Green Acres


Headed up to Rob's private Bunker Hill Disc Golf Course early Sunday morning for a round of Disc Golf. Here we are at Hole 18 basket. This basket was made by Tim E. and previously used at his Green Acres Disc Golf Course. Tim donated the target to Rob's course. Rob added some new paint and chains. I lost my putter after the round when we were playing some holes. The putter is somewhere under the leaves at Rob's course.

Rob made some nice commemorative bag tags for all players that have a Bunker Hill Ace. I will post a picture of the tag at a later date. Four players have Aces at Bunker Hill with Cubby leading at 10 Aces, Rob at 2, Don at 2, and Miguel at 1.


Sunrise at Bunker Hill.

Cubby, Mike, Tim, Tom, and Miguel.

After playing at Rob's I headed to Tim's private Bunker Hill Disc Golf Course for a couple of rounds before going to work. I did not play well. I hit way too many trees and my putting is off. I think I will have to focus on putting this week.

9 comments:

Robert Zurfluh said...

Looks like I have to raise the basket a little......

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby, you should make another video of you practicing Putting.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Greg, I just may do that over the next couple of days

Quixote Kid said...

I'd like to see that putting video!

Did you go back and find your putter? I hate losing disks! I've lost 2 on my own property and I liked those discs!

brad in texas

Anonymous said...

hey now,great idea for your putting practice vid.List your distance away from basket,what putter(s) you use.Hit cain,Peace.mr ed

Chad said...

hey Cubby, just wanted to drop a note to you. I'm fairly new to the sport, and I have been watching your videos on youtube for a couple of months. Your videos have been one the inspirations to what is now my disc golf obsession. Just got my first practice basket and its time to go throw. Thanks Cubby! I also would like to see another putting video. Take care

CDGW-Cubby said...

Brad, Rob searched again tonight and can not find the putter. Really odd as it is only a 15 by 15 foot area we are searching.

Mr. Ed. I did not get around to playing Disc Golf on my days off. I was under the weather. Hope to get some video before the end of the month.

Chad, Great to hear that my videos have inspired you into Disc Golf obsession. Welcome to the club my friend. Good luck with your practice basket. I have 3 in the back yard but rarely use them because I play on courses so much. I opted not to play on acourse after work and practice putting in the bakyard. I hit 175 out of 275 from 30 feet in the cold and wind. I also charted the performance of each of the 25 Omega Super Soft Putters I was using and picked the one with highest percentage for the putter I will use on the course from now on. Keep in touch!

On Saturday, I am driving 4 1/2 hours north to play in a doubles tournament at Marshall Street. Then drive 4 /12 hours back the same day. Hopefully the putter I have selected will make some good putts at the event.

Chad said...

hey Cubby thank you for taking the time to write back, thats really cool of you. the new practice basket is great. its pretty crazy that you are playing at Marshall Street. my friend and I were actually going to play in that, but we weren't sure if we were going to have to work or not. we still might come down and watch and try to squeeze in a round on Maple Hill Course. good luck tomorrow and maybe we'll see you there.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hi Chad, I should be on the road to Marshall Street in 4 hours. I should be there at sunrise and get some ho,es in before the event. I have never had the pleasure of playing Maple Hill. I hope I get to meet you tomorrow.

It's a 4 1/2 hour drive for me and I am coming back home after the event. Saturday should be a loooooooong day.