Monday, November 03, 2008

Day five in Virginia: A road trip report from Cubby's Disc Golf Vacation


I got a late start getting back on the road to head home to New Jersey. I stopped in Richmond to play Bryan Park Disc Golf Course. I got my 333rd Ace on Hole 7. This is a fantastic Disc Golf Course with lots of elevation changes and drives over water. This course is worth going out of your way to play. I saw Gabe on the course. I threw some practice holes with Gabe before the first round of the Fall Colors event on Saturday.


Driving into the park I saw this Hawk enjoying a meal. Looks like this Squirrel was not paying attention.


Cubby's 333rd Ace Photo.


This is a really cool way to let players know what direction to go for the next tee. There are two sets of tees on the this course, Blue and Gold. You can see the spoke on the top of the basket painted in blue and gold and even a hint of which tee is a shorter walk.


I stopped at Arlington National Cemetery to visit Mom's grave. We all miss you Mom!

It was a very enjoyable 5 days in Virginia although the trip was not the same without Big John. I am looking forward to next year. Thanks to all the players that joined me for rounds while I was on the road.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now,congrats on another ACE.Two months and 67 ACES to go for that 400.Safe drive homeward don't forget to VOTE.Peace,mr ed

CDGW-Cubby said...

Thanks Mr-Ed! I don't think 400 can be done until 2009 at the earliest providing I don't lose my magic touch.

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome Cubbie! There are not many ace oppurtunities on the Bryan Park front nine.
The redtailed hawk was an awesome picture too.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Gabe, I really loved Bryan Park. Wish I would have gotten an Ace on one of the water holes, 18 would have been sweet!