Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wednesday Disc Golf in Philadelphia


Headed to Philadelphia on Wednesday for some rounds of Disc Golf. Lots of people out on the course on a nice sunny day.


Here I am with John. He recognized me from the internet. He is a new Disc Golfer and after we chatted about my Aces, he told me that he almost had an Ace but it did not count because it skipped off the ground. He was pleased when I told him that a ship shot counts, so he has his first Ace. Congrats John!


Here I am with Wade before we started on the back 9. A nice guy with a rock solid game.


Here I am with Mike. He has been Disc Golfing for over 20 years. He is the master of throwing the disc flat and straight.

Jim, Mike, Cubby, Nick, and Rebecca.

During my round with Mike we got to meet Rebecca, Nick, and Jim. Nick recognized me from the internet.


Mike makes a nice putt on Hole 7.

It's always a pleasure to meet people that have seen my YOUTUBE videos and/or my Blog. I alway get positive feedback on my content and it's nice knowing that there are people out their that enjoy what I post on the internet.

Disc Golf is life and life is good :)

5 comments:

DiscGolferNick said...

hey cubby, sup man? thanks for stoping & talking with us Today at the Sedgley Course! the picture is great! me and my brother Jim started playing Disc Golf about 4 - 6 years ago and we just recently joined the PDGA, so we can get into some tournaments! we both actually got our girlfriends into the sport as well... now they have disc's and bags arriving in the mail sometime soon hah.. and i did a search on YOUTUBE for "Disc Golf Hole-In-One's" and you were the only one with the videos man! awesome shots dude.. its pretty cool to finally meet ya after watching one after another ACES!!!
Good Stuff man keep it up... thanks for the encouragement!
-Nick

CDGW-Cubby said...

Nick, Great to meet you and your friends. Hoping to throw some rounds with you soon!

DiscGolferNick said...

Thanks cubby,

I deffinitly want to play a couple rounds soon, that would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Cubby,

If you don't mind me asking, what discs do you carry in your bag these days?

Thanks,

Jim

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hi Jim, Here is what you will find in my bag: Champion Firebird, Champion Monster, Champion Valkyrie, Champion Beast, Champion Road Runner, Champion Orc, Champion Leopard, Star Wraith, Star Orc, 11X KC PRO Cheetah, 8X KC PRO ROC, Omega Super Soft Putter. I have lots of plastic in the trunk of my car so different types of discs rotate through my bag whenever I get an Ace.