Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Remembering those lost on 9/11/2001. Playing Disc Golf with Barbara and Vanja and getting an Ace on this day of remeberence

Here are pictures I took on September 11, 2001.

May we never forget the losses of that day and continue to stand united against the continuing threat to our way of life.

Barbara (Slovenia), Cubby (USA), Vanja (Slovenia)

After work on Tuesday, I headed up to Rutgers Disc Golf Course with Barbara and Vanja for three rounds of Disc Golf. During the second round I got my 228th Ace. We played singles the first round and during the last 2 rounds we played doubles (I played singles against them playing doubles). I played par 3 and they played par 4 per hole. During the first doubles round I won 13 under to 12 under. During the second round of doubles they won 15 under to my 14 under. I missed a putt on the last hole that would have forced a sudden death playoff. It was great to throw 3 rounds with Barbara and Vanja and for them to see me Ace again. This is the last time they will get to play Disc Golf with me before heading back home to Slovenia. I gave them both a Disc to take home and play some object Disc Golf and spread the word about Disc Golf in their country.


Cubby's 228 Ace Photo.


Vanja and Barbara after they signed my Ace Disc.


Barbara putting on Hole 15 basket.


Vanja putting on Hole 15 basket.

Thanks ladies for sharing in my passion for Disc Golf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey now,Cubby you should be the ambassador of disc golf.Spreading the vibes of discology.Hopefully they will continue and build the sport in their country.Peace. mr ed,fl