Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday Morning (Night) Disc Golf at Rutgers


Headed up to Rutgers after work on Friday Night to play some rounds of Disc Golf Golf. Fortunately I posted on the CDGW Yahoo Message Board that I was on my way to the course as Chris was checking out the message board and headed up to Rutgers to meet me. We started around 1 AM on Saturday and played 2 rounds and both left for home. I decided to get some breakfast at McD's and headed back to Rutgers for more Disc Golf. I got my 233rd Ace, another Skip Ace. My last 5 Aces have been Skip Aces. During my last round the fog rolled in and the course looked cool. By 5:30 Am I was back on the road heading home for a little sleep before going to work.


Cubby's 233rd Ace Photo

Thanks Chris for coming out to play some Disc Golf in the wee hours of the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now,first congratulations again on your recent aces.Question#1;Are your skip aces a natural or planned throw with the hope of an ace? thanks again.mr ed,fl

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hi Mr. Ed! Always great to see a comment or question from you. Throwing a skip shot for me is a planned shot. Sometimes depending on the hole, I will also throw air shots that if they fall short will have a second chance on the skip. Hole 3 at Manalapan is short but well guarded be the trees. An air shot gets knocked down early. The skip shot is the way to get to that basket. Out of my 233 Aces, 49 of them are Skip Aces with 16 of them in 2007. My best year for Skip Aces was 2006 with 17. Over the last 10 years I have Skip Aces every year except 2002, 2000, and 1998.