Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Disc Golf at Manalapan and Rutgers and three Aces


Headed to Manalapan Rec. Center Disc Golf Course late in the day for some rounds. I got my 342nd Ace, a nice skip Ace.


Cubby's 342nd Ace Photo.


Cubby's 342nd Ace Video.


After the park closed I headed up to Rutgers Disc Golf Course for some Night Disc Golf. I got in lots of rounds. At some point I was tired and got in the car to go home and something told me to play another round. I got out of the car and started another round. I decided to play one disc versus another.

I decided on the Champion Boss versus the Champion Orc. I started on hole 8. On Hole 9's tee I threw the Boss and I heard the slightest sound of metal like the disc just barely grazed the basket. I figured it would be close to the hole for an easy duece. I then played the Orc and it also made a very faint sound of the disc just barely glancing the basket, cool another easy duece.

As I approached the basket I found both discs were resting near the back of the basket. Two nearly silent aces, no chains at all and both shots made so little sound at contact with the basket that I would never have thought that I had one let alone two discs in the basket. I also had lights on each disc but could not see them from the tee.

Pretty amazing back to back Aces in the same minute with almost no sound on either shot. It gets stranger, all night while I was playing, I was thinging about the loss of my Mom and Mother-in-Law this year and asked them to show me a sign while I was playing. Could this be the sign? Even the time 9:58 has coincedental meaning. From the 5 to the 9 is 59 my year of birth, from the 5 to the 8 is 58 the year of my wifes birth.

And for all the aces I have had in the past, for me to be fooled by 2 back to back shots not knowing that either shot was in the basket only to find both discs were in the basket is a rare coincidence for sure.

Thanks Mom and Mom for the help with those Aces and for looking out for those you left behind. We all miss and love you both very much. I guess the Ace at Manalapan was a sign form Grandma. She also passed away this year. Three wonderful women, that positively touched do many lives.


Cubby's 343rd Ace Photo.


Cubby's 344th Ace Photo.

No comments: