Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tuesday Disc Golf at Bunker Hill and a new course record


Headed to Rob's private Bunker Hill Disc Golf Course on a windy day for a couple of rounds of Disc Golf. I shot a 2 under the first round and I set a new course record with 6 under the second round. I had a great second round going to 5 under with five holes to go and then I got two bogeys taking me to 3 under, fortunately I got birdies on the last 3 holes to best the old record held by Don T.

Cubby finds his lost putter.

As you may recall I lost my putter on November 16th on this hole. Today I found it under the leaves. You can see in the picture the yellow circle area is where Rob and I focused our search for the lost putter and today I was able to finally uncover it the location identified by the arrow in the picture. The target in the picture is the Defender Target. It is an original Cubby creation. Rob painted it black.

I am very happy with the changes to my game :), the November slump is definately over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You SOB! I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. First you take my #1 tag on the last round of the year, then all the $$ on Rutgers rounds, now you take MY course record! How much was the ace/course record pot worth?

Lucky for me I've been reading all about playing the course and not worrying about the score or your "opponent". The only opponent is yourself :-)

But you will go down!

Robert Zurfluh said...

At least Cubby made it only a 48. According to the latest unscientific calculations, the WCP is 47.59.

Cubby should have, could have had a 45....Yikes! But 2 blow-up cost him.

Let's see what happens when Cubby meets Don again in a couple of weeks.

Btw, starting with the 2009 tags, there will be no more "win outright". It will be playoff time!

Plus Cubby got only 11 bucks this time around.

CDGW-Cubby said...

To quote a Disc Golf friend of mine when faced with playing against Cubby: "How can I compete against that kind of luck". Sound familiar :)

You forgot I took the BH Summer Series Tag too when you showed up wearing a replica tag on the final day of competition :)

And the New Years Day putting contests in Philly. Cha-Ching!

DT, I have always enjoyed our friendly rivalry, We have had a some great rounds together. Looking for many more to come my friend. I'll be at Rutgers tomorrow if you would like a preview of what's to come in two weeks :)