Friday, December 05, 2008

Cubby's Firebird is heading to Iraq


The soldier I am pictured with is from Forked River, NJ. He and his family were at the Boardwalk today in Point Pleasant Beach and they stopped in the Sweet Shop for some sweets. I don't want to name the soldier for security reasons and I removed his name from the photo. He will be heading back to Iraq on Saturday for 6 1/2 months. He will be taking my Innova Pro Firebird with him and hopefully taking some pictures of him and the Firebird in Iraq. If he e-mails me some photos, I will post them on the blog. I am looking foward to seeing him and the Firebird safely back after his tour is over in Iraq.

I know I speak for many people saluting him for his service to our nation and I wish him and his family safety and happiness in all their future endeavors. He and all of our service members we be in our prayers.

In an emergency, that Firebird might come in handy on the battlefield.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful Cubby, Cant wait to see the pics from Iraq and update us on the soldiers return. God Bless the U.S.A.

Anonymous said...

hey now,may he have a safe return stateside.You forgot the mini to go along with his throws.perhaps the soldier could set up a course for an Army/Navy game of disc golf.Nice gesture on your part and support for the military Cubby,Peace

mag said...

Good Job Cubby....You should have taught him how to throw a Spike Hyzer....Likely to destroy some Terrorists.......