Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cubby goes on a Disc Golf Vacation


I will be leaving for Williamsburg, VA in the next couple of hours for my annual trek to compete in the Fall Colors Disc Golf Tournament in Newport News and Williamsburg, Virginia. I hope to start Disc Golfing just after sunrise on Thursday.

For those of you that don't know, I started my love for Disc Golf at Newport News Park back in 1998 and I won my first PDGA event at the first Fall Colors Disc Golf Tournament at Newport News Park that same year. This year will be the 11th Annual event and I try to get back to the event every year so that I can to play with old friends and new friends and reconnect with my Disc Golf roots.

Big John joined me the last two years but will not be able to make the trip this year due to an nagging injury to his right elbow. I will take my laptop with me and try to update the blog if and when I can but don't be alarmed if you don't get any updates until I am back in New Jersey. I am so looking forward to this Disc Golf getaway. I hope you all get out to your favorite Disc Golf course and play lots of rounds.

Ride the Wind, Ring the Chains!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.
It's a nice blog.
Can you teach me how to play golf?

Please visit:

http://realbali.info

Keep blogging.
Let's share to the world.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the rooad trip. I wonder if you will get any aces. Let us know.

Disc Golfer Jr.

Anonymous said...

hey now,hit chains and ACES.May your road trip be eventfull.Some old stomping grounds were in Va. Bch,Norfolk,NewportNews,Hampton,Chesapeak and Sandbridge.I wonder if they still hold the annual Ghent Festival in Norfolk.Bayshore was my first disc golf with baskets back in '77-'79.Peace mr ed

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby, I hope you enjoy your trip. Good luck with the Aces, and the tourny. Looking forward to hearing the news...

-Greg

mag said...

Good Luck my Friend....enjoy....mag