Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wednesday Night / Thursday Morning Disc Golf at Rutgers


Headed up to Rutgers Disc Golf course for a night of Disc Golf. I got to the course at 5:45 PM.


Chris H,. Cubby, Rich, and Spook Handy

Here I am with Chris H., Rich, and Spook. Chris found two discs that were picked up by students the last time I was out at Rutgers. Fortunately Chris spotted the discs between holes 17 and 18 yesterday, where the students dumped the discs. After a round, Spook left after we played Hole 9 and I got my 326 Ace 3 holes later. My first time getting an Ace with Rich and Chris H. in attendance. I scored a -14 for my first round and during the second round I had 11 birdies in a row but only finished at -14. My putting was really on including some insane long laser flat putts.


Cubby's 326th Ace Photo.

Chris H., Cubby, Rich, and Chris L.

Chris L. joined us after he finished a 7 mile run.


Sometime after midnight Chris makes a nice par on hole 11. His second shot landed in the drain pipe. His right leg is streched out down the pipe behind his disc. Nice putt Chris!

We ended up getting some extra rounds in as Chris set himself up for a challenge that took some rounds to achieve. Chris took the last round to end the long playing session around 2AM Thursday Morning.

Chris L. and I have an Ace Race going on. We have been throwing rounds together since 28 August 2007 and neither one of us has Ace'd in each others presence. Who will Ace first???? Stay tuned.

Remember to vote in November!

Here is an original song from our Disc Golf friend Spook Handy. You can check out more of Spook's music at spookhandy.com

4 comments:

Quixote Kid said...

Congrats on Ace 326! Sounds like your putting is right on! My putting has been going down hill lately...need to practice some more.

- Brad in Texas -

Anonymous said...

hey now,congrats on your 326thACE.hit more chain,Peace.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby, congrats once again on the Ace. How about getting that Ace before Chris... break the curse Cubby!

Anonymous said...

hey now,nice news article about you,disc golf and your blog.A salute to you for twenty years in the Navy.Anchors away!!Subs and ordinance,no wonder you explode off the tee.Hit chains,Peace.mr ed