Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tuesday Disc Golf at Riverview, Iron Hill, White Clay, Bellvue, and Lums Pond


Met up with Karl at 5AM on Tuesday for breakfast and then we headed out for a day of Disc Golf. Here we are at Hole 1's basket at the start of our round at the Riverview Disc Golf Course in New Jersey near the Delaware Memorial Bridge. This course is a 9 Hole course with 18 Tees. There is plenty of room for 9 more holes and some of the challenging features of this park are under utilized in the course design.


Here with are at Hole 18's basket after finishing our round at the Iron Hill Disc Golf Course in Delaware. This is a new and very challenging course. Very long, narrow, and wooded. I threw a 78 on this 18 hole course. The cement Tee pads were outstanding and the course has multiple basket positions. You would have to be a gluten for punishment to play this course all the time but those that advocate Pro par 4 and 5 holes and long distance holes will love this course.


Here we are at Hole 18's basket after our round at White Clay Disc Golf Course in Delaware. A nice course with lots of terrain changes and well defined fairways. Got to love those Chainstar baskets too. I had to edit Karl in to the picture as he was not available for the photo.


Here we are at Hole 18's basket after our round at Bellvue Disc Golf Course in Delaware. I really enjoy this course. It has the old Mach I baskets most with added inner chains and the course has the feel of a ball golf course with it's well defined fairways. This photo was taken from my tripod mounted to a tree.


Here we are at one of the practice baskets after our round at the Lums Pond Disc Golf Course. This is a nicely wooded course with a challenging layout. This course also has Chainstar baskets.


We had to head back to Bellvue to pick up my Camera Tripod that I left attached to a tree for the photo we took at the 18th Basket. Luckily it was still there.

It was a fun day of Disc Golf and this was the first time Karl had played all five of these Disc Golf Courses and my first time at Iron Hill.

4 comments:

Quixote Kid said...

Looks like a great day of playing disc golf! Most of the courses that I play on these days are the yellow Innova baskets. I just love that "thunk" sound when I disc hits that top yellow piece (not really...) The group of guys that I play with call it the Tractor Beam...

-Brad in Texas -

mag said...

We've got to do a day trip soon Cubby.....Let me know when you are available......mag

PS.. Tim and I were planning on South Vineland again this Friday....but don't know yet about the weather.....

CDGW-Cubby said...

Brad, Out here we call that yellow band the Chasity Belt.

Miguel, Friday is out for me, Tuesday or Wednesday is the only days I can do a road trip. Not to mention road trips are long days for those inclined to go unless they take their own vehicles to skip out when the are ready to leave as Cubby usually is on the road before it gets light out and not on the road back home until it is dark out.

Anonymous said...

hey now,the saying of "early bird gets more worms"could be new wordage..the early disc golfer plays more courses.Peace