Sunday, September 28, 2008

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning Disc Golf at Rutgers


Headed up to Rutgers after work on Saturday Night for some Disc Golf in the rain and fog. It is nice having Gortex socks to keep my feet dry. I got my 323rd Ace Saturday Night and my 324th Ace Sunday Morning.
I texted the locals to see who could play. Some of my Disc Golf friends are turning into hall of fame couch potatoes, but I'm not naming names. It was nice of Chris to come by the course and say hello even though he could not play as he is running a half marathon on Sunday.


Cubby's 323rd Ace Photo.


Cubby's 324th Ace Photo.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couch potatoe's? How about bed potatoe's?
-you know who

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby congrats on Ace numbers 323 and 324. Hope to hear about more Aces in the future.

-Greg

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the aces . What disc do you use to skip because I'm trying to get a skip ace but my disc doesn't skip high enough. And are going to make any more video aces or rounds.

Disc Golfer Jr.

Anonymous said...

Check out www.dgcoursereview.com and review all the courses you played want to play and review courses.



Disc Golfer Jr.

mag said...

I Hope that you aren't counting me as a Couch Potato. We were at Green Acres at 8:00 am Sunday where Tim, Tom and I played in the rain....hey we had coffee and Bagels waiting for you.....?????

CDGW-Cubby said...

Miguel, I was not refering to you. I knew you were playing on Sunday and I could not make it so I played after work Saturday Night.

It appears I miscategorized my good friend as a couch potatoe vice a bed potatoe :)

Thanks Greg!

Disc Golfer jr., My favorite disc to spik with is a Champion or Star Firebird although the Monster and Destroyer are also excellent discs for the skip shot. a good skip shot depends on 2 important factors. 1. Disc has to be thrown with lots of torque. 2. The angle of disc when it hits the ground relative to the angle from the target line to the landing area. Without getting to technical, for starters try landing the disc on a line 45 degrees from the target line with the disc at a 45 degree angle.

Anonymous said...

hey now,congrats on your two recent ACES.That's only 76 left to reach 400 before the year end,you can do it!Perhaps they are watching your disc golf adventures on video,virtual disc golf.