Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tuesday Disc Golf at Fields of Dreams, F.E. Walter Dam, Hickory Run, and Rutgers


Headed up to New Jersey's newest Disc Golf Course, the 9 Hole Fields of Dreams Disc Golf Course in Great Meadow, New Jersey. I strted my first round at 7:30AM. I really enjoyed playing this course and my hats off to the course designer(s) and everyone that worked hard to carve this course out of a heavily wooded lower elevation section of the park. There are two tees per hole and plans to expand the course to 18 holes over the winter. The course officially opens on 20 September. The course website is fodcourse.com.


After playing FOD, I headed to Pennsylvania to play the F.E. Walter Dam Disc Golf Course.


Here is an interesting Basket location.


After playing F.E., I headed over to Hickory Run Disc Golf Course located 5 miles away.

Wake up Chris!

After playing H.R., I drove back 2 hours to New Jersey and met up with Chris for 3 rounds of Night Disc Golf at Rutgers. Chris ran 10 miles prior to coming to the course and played some great rounds. We finished up at 11PM. It was great to play 3 courses for the first time but a blast to play some fun rounds back home with Chris.


Where's Cubby? I forgot my putter for the customary basket picture above and Chris is solo by the basket waiting for me to run back from the car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely play Walter E Francis. It is closer to the highway than Hickory Run and is simply a better course. Also pretty easy to find your way around.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Unfortunately my expectations for F E Walter were a let down as I thought it would be something like Prompton.

I actually liked Hickory Run better. F E Walter looks like rain would be a problem on some of the holes.

I am not knocking F E Walter as I am sure that those that have that as their home course enjoy playing there.

You can play both as Hickory is not too far away from F E Walter.

My intention that day was to also play Yetter Park but the GPS coordiantes I had did not pan out.