Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Tuesday Bocce Ball, more studio work for Disc Golf Monthly, some new plastic, and a Big John sighting


Headed over to Windward Beach Park in Brick, NJ to play some Bocce Ball with my friend Petey and his Bocce Ball friends. This was an all Italian Crew, well maybe not Cubby but I love Italian food. Giovani in his 80's really knows how to play. He has many trophies at home and he really put on a show with his outstanding play. After Giovani left I took out some Discs and we played some object Disc Golf.

After Bocce I went home and got some sleep and then headed to Pennsylvania for a 6PM taping of the August show for Disc Golf Monthly. I had the pleasure of co hosting again with Matt Lacourte.

Cubby and Matt in the studio.

Here we are in the studio for production of episode 51 for Disc Golf Monthly.

After we finished the production, Matt and I headed out to a neighboring park to play some object Disc Golf. Matt got in some new discs from Innova for him to evaluate. He got in a couple of Innova Pigs and Innova Monarchs.

Matt gave me one of the Monarchs to test out as well as a couple of DX discs (DX Destoyer and DX Starfire) The Monarch is a sweet disc with an unusual groove in the bottom edge of the rim. Matt says it is a faster Road Runner. I can't wait to throw it and give Matt some feedback on the discs.


Innova Champion Monarch, DX Destroyer, DX Starfire


View of groove in bottom rim of the Monarch.


And in the where is Big John department. I thought I would post a picture I received from Big John. I have had lots of inquiries from the blogosphere as to his where abouts. Congrats on the big catch, but wouldn't you rather be getting birdies instead of fishies?

8 comments:

Quixote Kid said...

Bocce ball, I'll have to look that one up...Sounds kinda like horseshoes and bowling combined...mmmmmm Italian food!

I like Innova discs, but the "Pig"? Seems like they could come up with a better name than that!

"Birdies instead of Fishies" Hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Bocce is cool. I see a disc golf/par 3 golf/bocce tournament in our future!

-Big John

mag said...

I have a set of Bocce Balls (seriously)....I'm in for a DG/Bocce Tournament...Also, Rob has his court..let's set a date to play....MAG

Anonymous said...

hey now,actually the name PIG fits rather well for a disc.As in"when PIGS fly".Innova might have finally solved that age old saying,ha.What weight are the discs?Drivers,mid-range?How soon for the general disc golf public availability.As always,thanks for your info.Pigs finally fly,Peace.mr ed,fl

Quixote Kid said...

Mr. Ed,

I hadn't thought of "When Pigs Fly". Maybe they are on to something! Now I can't wait to be the first on my block to get one!

- Brad in Texas -

Anonymous said...

I have a set of Bocce Balls (seriously)

Miguel, are you bragging or
complaining?
-Big John

mag said...

Big John....How the hell are Ya'.....we need to play some rounds soon....Rob's?, RU at night...How about Bunker Hill Max...mag

Anonymous said...

hey now,glad two of you have a set of serious bocce balls,ha.I haven't played bocce since leaving the Jersey area,GreenBrook Park in Plainfield had a few courts.Perhaps you could use them as markers for your next round of play.Peace,mr ed,fl