Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sunday Disc Golf at Rutgers and the Jersey Jam warm-up event

Cubby, Dave, and Kyle.

Headed up to Rutgers Disc Golf Course on Sunday morning to compete in the Jersey Jam warm-up Disc Golf Tournament before going to work. During the first round I played with Dave and Kyle pictured above.

Curtis, Cubby, Kyle, and Ken.

Here is the group I played with during the second round of the event. It was a fun event but Cubby played about as bad as he can remember during an event. My putting was terrible and so was my long and short game. The 4th of July weekend work must have run me down as well as all the playing I have been getting in lately. Anyways that's my excuse and I am sticking to it :)

It was nice to see Alan Sweeton at the event. He is battling some very serious health problems and to see him at the course was an uplifting experience. You can follow what has been going on with Alan on the PDGA forums. We all wish for a speedy and full recovery for our dear friend Alan. He is a really nice guy form a very nice family.

Thanks to everyone that helped with the event including Tim bringing lots of burgers and hot dogs.

Kyle to the Am Division. Nice work. World Champion Disc Golfer Joe Mela won the Open Division. My apololgies on not posting the winner of the Ladies Division, Intermediate Am Division, and Recreational Division. I will at a later date when I get the names of who won.

It was great to see all of my Disc Golf friends at Rutgers.

No comments: