Friday, June 20, 2008

Thursday (Night Disc Golf) Morning Disc Golf at Rutgers


Headed up to Rutgers Disc Golf after work arriving at the course at 1:30 AM on Thursday. Played until 5:30 AM. It was another fun time of playing Night Disc Golf. Thought I would post some night time photos of a couple of holes. I'll continue to do this until I get all 18 holes posted with night views from basket to tee. Although Rutgers is a short course, the terrain varries on each hole and a combination of trees, blind tee shots and out of bounds makes it a fun challenge, especially at night.

It rained Wednesday night so the grass was wet, so I put on my goretex socks to keep my feet dry. This was my first time wearing goretex socks. They were comfortable and kept my feet dry.


HOLE 1. A night view (enhanced) from basket to tee. Basket is not visible from tee area due to it's location behind a large transformer and low canopy on trees requires a low shot that can result in going out of bounds 15 feet beyond the basket on an aggressive drive.


HOLE 18. A night view (enhanced) from basket to tee. Basket is not visible from tee area due to basket being located just behind a big tree. Out of bounds is 4 feet behind the basket. You have to get this one close to see the basket but trying to get too close on your drive can easily put you out of bounds just beyond the basket.

2 comments:

Quixote Kid said...

Nice night pictures. How are you enhancing them to make them turn out so good?

I don't really like to play at night. I worry about losing a good disc or running across a slitherin' snake. This time of year the sneaky snakes like the cooler (relatively speaking!) temps at night. Do you come across many night creatures?

CDGW-Cubby said...

Brad, My Nikon digital camera overexposes the image at night almost giving it a daytime look. I always use kodak easyshare software (free) to help over exposure images if needed.



I can see where night disc golf in Texas with snakes would be something I would not want to do either. I do run into night creatures, namely skunks, rabbits and an occasional racoon or opposum. When ever I do run into creatures I take pictures of them and post them on the blog.



BTW, I checked out your website at WindmillLiterature.com. Nice website and cool that you refurn windmills. Time for you to design a Disc Golf windmill........hmmmmmm maybe even a cubby windmill :)