Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Near Years Day in Philadelphia


I headed up to Philadelphia with Big John and Mr. Tips to play Disc Golf on New Years day at the 29th Annual New Years Day Disc Golf Tournament at Sedgley Woods Disc Golf Course. Don met us later in the morning as well as other friends. We arrived in the pouring rain and started playing after sunrise. The official event started at Noon. I played a total of 6 rounds on the day and a putting game with Don during the night.

Notable quote from Big John today: I shouldn't have given him back his Putter. (The Blog entry of 12/15/2006 refers)

A funny story: Early in the week Don mentioned that he might not come to Philly to play if it was raining. When we arrived in Philly in the pouring rain, Big John wanted to bet that Don would not show up, I said no way on that bet. After playing a couple of rounds in the rain, we headed to our cars to dry off and I noticed I had a message on my cell phone, it was Don calling to say he was on his way to the course. I got out of my car and went over to talk to Big John and Mr. Tips. I asked if they thought Don would be coming to Philly in the rain, they said No and I said I think he will come. They both bet me 5 bucks that he would not show.....Easy Money! I also want to Thank Don for the 20 bucks I won from him during our Annual Night Putting Game. He was wise to cap it at 20 bucks this year. Last year at this event he lost 50 bucks to me.

Cubby, Don, Big John, Mr. Tips, and Terrible Pete playing in the tournament round.


Mr. Tips, Cubby, Doot, Maureen, Mr. Tips, and Big John. Fellow New Jersey Disc Golfers. Nice shooting today Fred and Big John!


Cubby with Kevin McGorry the Producer/Director of Disc Golf Monthly, a monthly Disc Golf Video Show seen in a number of states in the area on Cable TV. Kevin asked me to host today's Disc Golf Monthly filming of the 29th Annual New Years Day event at Sedgley Woods Disc Golf Course in Philadelphia. This show will be broadcast in March of 2007. Thanks Kevin it was a honor to be involved with your production, and keep up the great showcase and promotional work you do for the sport of Disc Golf.


Here are some pictures of some of Cubby's friends in attendance at the event (tough to get pictures of them all with the rain effecting the digital camera).

Andrew "Big Dog" Sweeton


Alan Sweeton


Stephen "The Canadian" Caffery


Tournament Central

No comments: