Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cubby gets his first Ace of 2007


Headed to Tyler State park for the 2007 Tyler Ice Bowl. With Global warming in full swing, ice was no where to be found. This charity Disc Golf Tournament brought in 90 Disc Golfers and over 4,000 lbs of food was collected for the local food bank.

I got in a round of 27 holes before the event started and I got my 164th Ace on Hole 3 of that round.

Cubby's 164th Ace Photo.


Here is a group picture for the event.


Steve "The Canadian" in front of the 1,800 lbs. of food he collected for the event. Cubby and Rex in the background. Rex is the president of the Mid Atlantic Disc Club. The MADISC organization does a great job at promoting Disc Golf in the region.


Big Dog giving out some unique prizes. Nice hat!



Don, Cubby, Big John and John Roy during the tournament round.



Big John driving during the tournament.


Don with a tricky stance makes the Putt


Some pictures of Cubby and friends.

Cubby, John B, and John R


John B is an active member of the Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance. He and his fellow club members do a fantastic job of running tournaments and improving the course at Tyler. Thanks John and the BCDGA!

John R lives in the Newport News area of Virginia and he left there at 3 Am to come to the event. John is the Tournament Director for the Fall Colors Disc Golf Tournament in Newport News. I know John from my early days of Disc Golf when Newport News was my home course. I am looking forward to throwing more rounds with John while he works in New Jersey over the next week.


Cubby and Larry Entz


Larry is one of the nicest Disc Golfers you will ever meet. We always had some fun competitive rounds when I was playing tournament Disc Golf a number of years ago. Larry recently installed a new Disc Golf Course in his neck of the woods. Great to see you Larry!

Cubby and Miguel


Miguel and his Son check out the blog vidoes and it's always great to get feedback from people checking the videos out. It was great to see you again Miguel!

Cubby and Matt


Matt did me a big favor at the 2002 Am Worlds in Miami, FL. He drove down to the event from New Jersey and was kind enough to transport a Mach II New Pole Hole I won during a CTP contest in Miami. Great to see you again Matt!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Tyler Ice Bowl is one of those "must attend" tournaments. As soon as the date becomes known, I mark it in my calendar and almost nothing can bump it out. Because of the amount of people that attend, the fun games we play (ring of ice putting games, the goofy door prizes everyone gets) the great food and the fabulous course probably make this the best Ice Bowl in the country.
-Big John

CDGW-Cubby said...

I agree HOF.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carl, I feel bad for not getting to talk to you more at the Ice Bowl. I sure enjoy your company. Hope to see you soon, Larry

CDGW-Cubby said...

Larry I don't know where that day went. Before you know it I had played 81 holes and darkness was upon us and the day was done. Looking forward to making a trip out your way and throwing some rounds with you on your new course my friend.

Anonymous said...

Cubyy< anytime, you... or the basket you win need a ride home, just ask. Also, thank you for the basket you gave me for shipping and handling charges. lol. this website is 'nICE.'

CDGW-Cubby said...

Matt, Glad you found the website! Good luck in Maryland with the new job. Keep in touch my friend. Looking forward to throwing some rounds with you in 2007.