Wednesday, January 10, 2007

From Dekalb, IL to New Brunswick, NJ to be a part of Cubby's Disc Golf World

Headed up to Rutgers on Tuesday around Noon for a day of Disc Golf. Got in some holes waiting for Big John to arrive at the course.


Big John joined me for a couple of rounds while we waited for Jason and Mike to arrive at the course from out of town.


Big John and Cubby had the pleasure of hosting Jason and Mike traveling from Dekalb, IL to Rutgers to play a couple of rounds of Disc Golf. Jason is a fan of the blog and diverted his trip to Albany, NY to come down and be a part of the Blog. Jason was traveling with his friend Mike to Albany and is returning to home on Saturday.

Big John and I in the past had discussed how cool it would be if some day a fan of the blog would make a long distance trip out to be part of the blog and Jason was the first to make the pilgrimage from such a long distance to the home Disc Golf Course of Cubby's Disc Golf World and make it into the Blog.

It really was a special day for Cubby and Big John. We played a round of singles with Cubby on top at -10. the next round was a round of doubles with Jason and Big John against Mike and Cubby with Jason and Big John winning -11 to -9.

Here is a video of our singles round.


Big John and Jason after winnig in Doubles.


We took some video of our first round that I will post as soon as I can. Thanks Jason and Mike for coming down to Rutgers and being a part of the Blog. Jason has only been playing for six months and got his first Ace on 1/6/07. We are expecting to hear great things from Jason in Disc Golf. He has a great forehand drive and a real touch when it comes to putting.

Disc given to Jason signed by Cubby and Big John.


After Jason and Mike got on the road, Cubby and Big John continued to play into the night.

We ran into Jay returning from living in North Carolina over the last year. Jay was behind the camera for my first video Ace back in 2005.


After Big John left I continued to play since I had to pick up my daughters at the Newark Airport returning from vacation around midnight.

I got my 165th Ace at 10:07 PM.

Cubby's 165th Ace Photo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Jason and Mike! It's so cool to be friends with famous people!

CDGW-Cubby said...

Will thanks for your comment. As far as being famous, I have always been a legend in my own mind :)

It was great to meet and play Disc Golf with Jason and Mike.

Anonymous said...

Cubby, you are not exaggerating when you describe Jasons skills.
I'd bet that he'll be playing in the pro division in a few years.
I hope we get to meet other fellow
disc golfers through the blog.
-Big John
HOF

Anonymous said...

Mike's good