Thursday, May 07, 2009

Wednesday Disc Golf at Green Acres, Rutgers, and back to Green Acres again

Cubby, Miguel, Tim, and Harry the Border Collie.

Headed over to Tim E's private Green Acres Disc Golf Course on Wednesday for a Noon tee time with Tim and Miguel. I played the first round against Tim. We both played lefty. I just barely edged out TIm by two strokes. Tim has to play lefty due to surgery on his right shoulder. Miguel joined us for the second round. I defended the number one tag.


After playing at Tim's, I headed to Rutgers for some more Disc Golf. I got my 371st Ace.


Cubby's 371st Ace Photo.
Mike D., Cubby, Tim E., and Tom K.

Headed back to Tim's course for some more Disc Golf with Tim. Tom K. and Mike D. joined us after work. Mike and I played he first round with Mike taking my number one tag (8 under to 5 under). During the second round, Tom took the number one tag, Cubby took the number three tag and Mike took the number six tag plus a fake piece of do-do that Tom brought by for the player that shoots the worst round. I was down one stroke to Mike going into hole 18 and I got the deuce and he got the bogey so he ended up with the do-do.


The Green Acres Tag Challenge Board with the do-do hanging on Mike D's tag holder.

During the third round it was a close round between the three of us with a birdie duel going on between Tom and Cubby down the strech, with some long and tough putts. Tom and Cubby tied the end of the round but Tom kept the number one tag on the tie. There was no do-do round so Mike kept the do-do.

I lost my Discraft FLEX Surge in the stream on the back of the course.

3 comments:

Quixote Kid said...

Cubby, congrats on the recent ace!

I've been meaning to ask you, how does the tags work? I've lived a sheltered life and have never heard of tags and defending them...

- Brad in Texas -

Eric Edgerton said...

Cubby,
You're going to have to start writing "twitter ace" on your discs when appropriate.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Brad, Lots of Disc Golf Clubs have bag tags that they play for on an informal basis and some are structered for weekly competition. The tags can be simple of elaborate. They are numbered from 1 to however many tags you want to make. The concept is when players with tags get together to play the lowest score gets the lowest number tag #1 down to the worst score getting the highest numbered tag. All three of the private courses I play in NJ have tags (BH, GA, and DBH).

Eric, Miguel got me into Twitter, I signed up for it but was'nt using it. Now I try to tweet anytime I am playing. Looking forward to my first encounter with someone that I have never met that sees the tweet and makes it out to throw a round with me.