Saturday, May 09, 2009

Friday Night Disc Golf with Big John


The last time Big John was out on the course to play Disc Golf was on 29 December 2008, so I was happy to get a call from him on Friday night saying he wanted to play some Night Disc Golf at Rutgers. I headed up to the course after work on Friday Night and we were playing by 11PM. We got in three rounds. We both had some near Aces. We used the Night Disc Golf discs from Black Jax Sports. John liked the discs for sure. I hope John's arm has healed up enough so that he may get out on the course more often. It was great to throw some rounds with Big John again!

11 comments:

TheSewerrat said...

never heard of disc golf before.

looks like fun ive only ever played regular golf.

Quixote Kid said...

Congrats on all the recent aces! And it's nice to see Big John and you playing again. I liked watching your video rounds before.

- Brad in Texas -

Unknown said...

Big John returns!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Big John! Hey Cubby, today I was playing Disc and throw a hyzer shot with my DX Roc and hit the basket, but didn't go in. It's the closet I've ever gotten to an Ace.

CDGW-Cubby said...

TheSewerrat: I gave up ball golf after I started playing Disc Golf :)

Brad: Thanks for the kind words.

Jason: Always great to hear from you.

Greg: Congrats on your near ace.

Danny, Leeds said...

Hey Hey.

The return of Big John!

It's been a while since I even said Hi to you Cubby, so thought I would touch base! Been working away this past year but still kept in touch with all things cubbysdiscgolfworld related!

Trust you and your merry band of players are doing ok, one day I'll make it over the pond and play with you!

Take care bud,

Danny, Leeds

CDGW-Cubby said...

Danny, Great to hear from you. I hope all is well with you and your family. Looking forward to throw ing some rounds with you someday.

mag said...

Hey John...when are you going to Visit Green Acres....look forward to throwing some rounds with you soon....mag

PS. Cubby No Aces...????, also lost my #2 tag to sidearm....now #4....mag

mr ed,fl said...

hey now,welcome back Big John.You both can play doubles now,along with some road trips.

Robert Zurfluh said...

Who is Big John. Never heard o this guy

DiscFlyer said...

Hey Cubby, let me know next time you are up for a round of night golf at Rutgers... love to get a couple of rounds in.