Friday, January 02, 2009

Thursday Disc Golf at Sedgley Woods. The first Disc Golf of 2009.


Headed to Philadelphia, PA to compete in the 31st annual New Years Day Disc Golf Tournament at the Sedgley Woods Disc Golf Course. This is one event I go to every year. It is one round of 22 holes. There were 131 Disc Golfers at the event. I usually arrive at sunrise and play lots of rounds before the Noon start of the event, but this year I arrived just before the start of the event. With all of the Disc Golf I got in last week, I was a little too sore to start the day at sunrise.

Phil, Cubby, Zander, Mike, and Jake.

Here is the group I played with during the tournament. We had a good time during the round. I ended up tied for first place with Dave Adams from Vineland in the AM Masters Division with a 3 under par. Jake took first in the Pro Open division. It was my first time playing with Jake. It was a real treat to watch him play. He ended up at 12 under par.


Lots of Disc Golfers at the New Years Day event.


Plenty of food was on hand for the event.


Barry and Topher looking over the scorcards.


Bear the Frisbee Dog.


Uhle got the only Hole In One during the event. Maybe the World's first Ace of 2009! He got it on Hole 3. I was in the group behind him. I gave hole 3 a run myself hitting the basket on a skip shot drive.


Here I am with Kevin, the producer of Disc Golf Monthly the Disc Golf TV show that I have had the pleasure of co-hosting. We got in two rounds of Night Disc Golf after the event.


It was a cold day, in the 20's. After playing Night Disc Golf with Kevin, I hung out around the fire with some of the locals until 11:30PM and then headed back home to Jersey. Spending the day at Sedgley Woods was a great way to ring in the New Year. It was nice to see so many of my friends at the event. Happy 2009! I have one New Year's resolution: Play more Disc Golf!!!

1 comment:

mag said...

I'm bummed I missed the Sedgely New Year's Tourney....I was really looking forward to it.....Oh, well Florida was fun too....and there's always next year....HAPPY NEW YEAR to Cubby and the Blog Crew....mag