Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cubby gets a Disc Golf 50th birthday surprise party

Hope, Cubby, Tim, Miguel, and Rob in Cubby's backyard.


A couple of months ago, I asked my lovely wife Nancy not to throw a birthday party for me this year. She responded OK, but what if it was a Disc Golf Party? I said that would be nice, but I figured she was just joking. I forgot all about it until I walked in the door tonight after work to find my family and my Disc Golf friends in the house waiting for me with a big "SURPRISE!".

Disc Golfers:
Miguel, Rob, Tim, Hope, and Cubby.

It was great to see my Disc Golf friends at the house.

Rob, Cubby, and Karl

Karl made the 2 hour drive from the Ice Bowl at Buzzy's Creek. Thanks for the nice FLX Buzzz! Big John could'nt make the trip down as he was late getting out of New York City from School.

DX Glow Roc, Star TeeBird

1st Run Star X-Claibur, Star Gator

There was lots of food, drinks and deserts. Thanks to all my Disc Golf friends that could make it out for a great party and for the nice B-day gifts including some cool discs! A first run Star tie dye X-calibur (Tim and Miguel), A Star Gator and a black Star Teebird (Rob), A FLX Buzzz (Karl), a DX Glow ROC and a DG T-shirt (my daughter Jackie), A Dunkin Doughnuts Gift Card (Hope and Dan), A WAWA Card (My daughter Jessica and Mike) and some over hill gag gifts and other b-day gifts from family members.


Make a wish! (Play more Disc Golf)

Thanks to my lovely wife Nancy for throwing a great Disc Golf B-Day Party and my Disc Golf friends that made the trip down to celebrate with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby what better kind of party than a Disc Golf one right? How is that Glow plastic? I've been thinking about getting one but I don't know how good they hold their charge etc.

Hope you had a good 50th Cubby, and nice black Star TeeBird. I love the TeeBird, and have yet to ever see a black Disc in the stores, I wanna pick one up.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cubby! Sorry I didn't make it. Kudos to Karl, I was a broken man after Buzzy's. It looks like you had a great time and got some awesome presents. Don

Anonymous said...

I was there, you just didn't see me.

-HOF (1)

mag said...

Cubbster; please tell Nancy how nice everything was. Unfortunately Tim wasn't feeling great so we had to leave while she was getting the Friday's Jack Daniels Sauce. Thanks Nancy for a great time, great food and hope to get together again soon......miguekl

CDGW-Cubby said...

Greg, Have not used the glow roc yet. Will let you know when I get to use it.

Rob got me the black Star Teebird from discgolfvalues.com I uded it today and it was awesome!!!!!

Don, Sorry you could not make it. Thanks for checking in.

Big John, You called my friend, I knew you would not be able to come. Your 7 day a week schedule leaves no time for you to do anything. Hang in there!

Miguel, Thanks my friend!!!!