Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Disc Golf at Green Acres

Top Row: Cubby, Eric, Max, Mike, Rob, Sean, and Miguel.
Bottom Row: Mike, (Harry the Border Collie), and Tim.

Headed to Green Acres for some sounds of Disc Golf before heading to New York City to attend a trade show. Nine players showed up in the early hours of the morning to play. After the first round, Max, Rob, and Sean had to leave. After round 2 I got the number 1 tag and side arm Mike, Mike, and Miguel had to leave. I defended the number 1 tag for two more rounds against Eric and Tim. During round 5 I lost the number 1 tag to Tim losing by 1 stroke.

After Disc Golf, I headed to NYC for the trade show.

It was a blast playing at Green Acres today!

At night I went to the movies with my Dad. We saw Gran Torino. I highly recommend this movie. It is my all time favorite movie! Clint Eastwood gave a compelling Oscar performance in front of the camera and as it's Producer and Director.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cubby i was really hoping to get a birthday ace today but it wasnt exactly ideal weather with 15 degrees and freezing rain and wind here in kansas. maybe next year i can get one like you

Anonymous said...

hey now,may the disc golf gods always smile on you,bring you many ACES along with more discs.
Have you ever heard,seen or played on Kingpin disc baskets?Hit chains,Peace

Quixote Kid said...

Cubby, I also like Gran Torino! (The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly is my all time favorite). Clint got the shaft when he did not get a nomination for actor!

I didn't know they'd have a Trade Show for candy!

CDGW-Cubby said...

Derek, Happy Birthday! I love playing DG in Kansas. I was at the AM Worlds in Kansas back in 2003.

Mr, Ed, I have heard of Kingpin Disc Baskets. I'll have to look that one up.

QK, Clint is a fine actor. The trade show was for gift items. I wnet to the Candy Show last month in Atlantic City.