Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday Disc Golf Road trip to seven courses and a First Ace for Disc Golf Monthly Producer Kevin McGorry!


The day started early with me getting up at 3:30 AM. I met Kevin McGorry (Disc Golf Monthly Producer) at his house in Pennsylvania and we headed over to Branchwood Park Disc Golf Course stopping for some breakfast on the way. We got lots of rounds in on the 9 hole course. I predicated that Kevin would Ace today and that we would not leave this course until he did, and that he would Ace with a Stingray. On the last hole we were going to play before moving on to the next course Kevin made all of my predications come true by getting his first Disc Golf Hole In One! Kevin has been playing Disc Golf for 14 years so it was a real treat to be there when he got his first Ace. No Ace for Cubby but I missed two shots off the rim and one off the top. And shadowed the chains on others.


Kevin's First Ace Photo.


The second course we played was Plain Park, another 9 hole course.


The third course we played was Jordan Creek. Great to see the cement tee pads. A great course to play! I was happy with a 59.

We stopped for lunch on the way to the next course.


The fourth course we played was Little Lehigh Parkway . I was happy with a 64. Another great course to play!


Here we are with Brian and Jeff. It was great chatting with them about Disc Golf. They both enjoy following my YOUTUBE videos. I am looking forward to throwing some rounds with them in the future.


Cubby and Brian.


Cubby and Jeff.


The fifth course we played was Covered Bridge. A nice mix of holes and some fun throws. We played the round with Tim (The Chicken). Tim had some great putts!


The sixth course we played was Levans park. A 9 hole course.


The seventh course we played was Upper Macungie Park . We played this course in the dark without lights. An adeventure in the dark.

We stopped for something to eat on the way home.

Congrats to Kevin on his First Ace! Kevin proved to be Cubby road trip material always ready to play another course and play through a long day without much rest. He survived his introduction to Cubby fatigue Disc Golf.

It was also great to meet Brian, Jeff, and Tim. I hope you guys enjoy those discs and thanks for your kind words about my YOUTUBE videos and my blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

heu now,first is congrats to Kevin for his 1st Ace.Still waiting for mine after all the years of playing object/target,disc golf.It will happen soon.
Have you tried the new Dart yet?
You could start a reality Disc Golf show.CFD:Cubby's Fatigue Disc Golf show.Peace

Quixote Kid said...

Congrats Kevin!

I've only got 1 ace and it was with a stingray also.

That was quite a busy day Cubby!

- Brad in Texas -

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kevin, I wish there was a video of your ace, as for me, I'm glad there's no video of mine. I was a blubbering fool, I was hugging Cubby like it was our honeymoon night.

-Big John

mag said...

Congrats to Kevin.....and Congrats on Surviving Cubby Fatigue Disc Golf......!!!!