Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Disc Golf at Rutgers, Chimney Rock, and Dunham.


Headed up to Rutgers Disc Golf Course for some early morning rounds after taking my Brother and his wife to the airport for their trip down to Puerto Rico. I got my 362nd Ace.


Cubby's 362nd Ace Photo.


After playing at Rutgers, I headed over to the Chimney Rock Disc Golf Course for some rounds and got my 363rd Ace.


Cubby's 363rd Ace Photo.


After playing at Chimney Rock, I headed up to the Dunham Disc Golf Course for some rounds. It was very windy at the course.

Cubby and Lenny.

I was just getting ready to head home and I ran into another Disc Golfer, so I stayed for one more round.

I had a scare on the way home. I had stopped to eat on the Garden State Parkway and got back on the road, drinking a milk shake when all of a sudden I had a wierd sensation like an electrical disturbance in my chest/abomen. I started to blackout but fortunately did not pass out. It seemed like forever though that I could not see. That is the first time something like that has happened to me. I pulled off at the next rest stop for a bit then headed home. I think the combination of no sleep last night and playing lots of Disc Golf and my sugar being high did it. I am feeling much better after some sleep when I got home. Getting old is a bummer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now,congrats on the two recent ACES.Wow,it's been over a year or more since you played Chimney Rock course.Big John was still throwing with you.
This getting old stuff is rough on one's health.Body does need fuel and sleep,we're not in our twenty's anymore,LOL.Peace

mag said...

you've got to start taking care of yourself Bro....more sleep....

Jamison said...

cubby, remember it is your health that is important. . .i still want to make it out to the east coast one of the days. we need to play. . .

Anonymous said...

Cubby congrats on the Aces but you need to get your sleep and take care of yourself... make sure you always have water and food on you in your bag so if you start to feel lightheaded and lose vision etc. you can eat and drink something real quick.

Anyway I'm about to go and play a few rounds.. I always get pumped up first by visiting Cubby's Disc Golf World!

-Greg

Robert Zurfluh said...

Cubby,

wanna talk about this? Uncontrolled diabetes...you know what can happen?

Good thing that you exercise/walk a lot, but gotta work on getting that blood sugar under control.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes/DA99999

Quixote Kid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quixote Kid said...

Congrats on 362 and 363, but everyone is right! Aces don't matter if you're not takin' care of yourself!

Sorry, for the unsolicited health advice, but please stay healthy, all of us want you around for awhile!

- Brad in Texas -

Lo Esencial Es Invisible A Los Ojos said...

Lovely blog you hhave