Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sunday at Green Acres, Bunker Hill, and DeBunker Hill Disc Golf Courses for the Battle in Jersey Disc Golf Tournament

The tag for this event was created by http://www.disc-diva.com/They make really cool bag tags and even do two sided work!

After work on Saturday Night I went to the hospital and stayed overnight in the ICU with my Mother-In-Law. Visiting hours ended at 6AM so I headed for Tim's Green Acres Disc Golf Course to play the first of three courses in the much anticapated Battle of Jersey Disc Golf Tournament. This event was a ten player tournament played on 3 private Disc Golf Courses. I was feeling good for no sleep. No foursomes during this event, we played in one big heard.

Don, Cubby, Max, Rob, Tom, Tim, Mike, Jeff, and Miguel.

Here we are at the first course, Tim's Green Acres Disc Golf Course


The Cubby Disc Golf Flag on display at Green Acres.

Max, Tim, Jeff, Cubby, Don, Rob, Big John, Miguel, Tom, and Mike.

Here we are joined by Big John at Bumker Hill to play the second course.

Jeff, Mike, Max, Cubby, Don, Rob, Tom, Tim, and Miguel.

Here we are minus Big john at Max's Course for the last round of the event.

We had a nice cookout at Max's place after the event. A good time was had by all. No Aces during the tournament but Cubby came close during the 3rd round crashing the chains but just dropping out.

Here are the top three finishers:
1. Max
2. Mike
3. Cubby

It was a great event! I headed home to shower and then headed back to the hospital to stay over night again with my Mother-In-Law.



Here is a video of a compilation of pictures I took at all three courses.

On Tuesday. I will be in PA to work on a future Disc Golf Monthly Broadcast. I may play at Tyler, Tinicum, or philly after the Disc Golf Monthly taping but I will need to go back to work at 6PM to cover the rest of the night for someone and close.

4 comments:

mag said...

Cubby it was great seeing you at the tournament. We were all disappointed when you didn't ace at Max's....But you did get the CTP. I hope everything goes well at the hospital.. you've had a busy and unenviable last few weeks. BTW nice Blue Mouse ears.....

Anonymous said...

Where the heck does sleep fit in
your schedule?

-HOF (1)

Anonymous said...

hey now,who needs sleep when one can disc golf.Any idea how much acreage each course has?Here's wishing things get better at the hospital for all.Peace,mr ed,fl

Quixote Kid said...

Sorry to hear about your M-I-L.

Those are some great pictures! I watched the youtube video and that looked like a lot of fun! Those private courses sure are nice. I liked seeing some of the homemade baskets.

- Brad in Texas -