Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Years Day 2008 at Sedgley Woods DGC in Philadelphia, PA


Headed up to Big John's house for a great Breakfast at 4:30 AM, then we headed to Philadelphia for the annual New Years Day Disc Golf Tournament at the Sedgley Woods Disc Golf Course. We got in 6 rounds before the event started.


140 Disc Golfers came out for the 2008 Annual Sedgley Woods New Years Day Disc Golf Tournament

Joe, Daniel, Shelley, Emily, Dave, and Cubby.

Here is my group getting ready to tee off at the start of the event. Emily is only 13 years old but has a great Disc Golf Game. she could be a Disc Golf World Champion someday. Thanks to everyone in my group for a fun round of Disc Golf.

Andrew, Big John, Dan, Tom, and Adam.

Here is Big John's group during the event. I got to throw some holes with them after the event.

Disc Golf on Years Day in Philadelphia is a great place to be to celebrate the New Year. It was great to see all my friends in Philly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now,Happy New Year.I'm begining to think that 24 hours is a mere inconvenience to playing disc golf.The weather has turned a bit chilly in Fl.Makes the chains rattle and ching louder.go throw!Peace,mr ed.

B.J. and JoLynn Ondo said...

Chubby, glad you had a most excellent New Years Day!! I played in my first ever, "Tag Match" on the 1st.! :) We've got a small club, around 50 member but only 20 showed up, I ended up with tag# 19, LOL, there really is someone worse at throwing plastic than ME, YEA!! ;) I'm sure that I won't get to keep the tag# long as a lot of the "wayyyyy" better players than I didn't make the Tag Match and will be gun'in after my tag. Oh well, LOL, I know I should be in the mid to high 40's, but I'm enjoying it while it last's!!

Take care, Be Safe, Throw Plastic!

B.J. Ondo, Colordo Springs, CO.
Member, Pikes Peak Flying Disc Club: http://www.ppfdc.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby,
Thanks for the complement I wouldn't say I am that good yet. I had a lot of fun that day I hope to play with you again soon.

_Emily_