Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Morning Disc Golf at Rutgers with Marcin, Przemek, Sergii, lots of Skunks, the Police, a near traffic fatality, an Ace, and a missing wallet.


Segii (Ukraine), Cubby (USA), Przemek (Poland), and Marcin (Poland)

After a long day at work on the Boardwalk as we were closing I asked who wanted to go play some Disc Golf and 3 of my European University students that have never played before said they were game so off we went to Rutgers, but before we even got out of town a drunk that was not paying attention crossed the road right in front of me and was either trying to intentionally get run over or was so out of it he did not even realize my car was there. Well as the good old Cubby luck would have it, I managed to miss him having very little reaction time and using the same instinct that gets my discs to the chains. Had I not managed to manuver away from him at the last millisecond I am sure he would have been killed. After swerving and skidding to a stop I rolled down my window and shouted out some expletive deleteds. The idiot made it across the street oblivious to what had just happened.

We got to the course before 3AM and during the first round we were stopped and question by the Rutgers Police. After the Officer realized that I was just a wacky Disc Golf that likes to play any hour of the day we were back to playing.

I had a nice drive on Hole 12 crashing the chains but the disc did not stay in the basket.

We saw a Mother Skunk with 3 baby Skunks and took some pictures.

What did the Mother Skunk say to the Disc Golfers? Come any closer and I will shoot!

During the next round I got the Ace on Hole 18. It was nice to hit an Ace in front of a group of first time Disc Golfers. I shot well considering I was trying to teach while playing. I shot 11 under during round 1 and and 14 under during round 2.


Cubby's 218 Ace Photo.

I had everyone sign the back of my Ace disc so I thought until I got home and realized I had them sign the back of the Star Firebird I used to replace the Champion Firebird that got the Ace.

Wrong Disc Signed by Ace witnesses :) Whooops!

We saw this squirel either sleeping or dead.


Here are some pics of tee shots on Hole 2.

Marcin


Przemek


Sergii

After we finished playing Sergii declared he lost his wallet on the course. Luckily we found it after searching Hole 8 and 9.

During the first round Marcin won against his fellow students and during the second round Przemek won.

Everyone had a good time and they can't wait to play again.

Now it's off to bed as I have to work today/tonight. Planning on another trip to Rutgers with a bigger crowd early Saturday morning after work tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now,congrats on further forwarding the sport of disc golf .You could/should write a novel of your explots in disc golf."Skunk" is a toss out title,ha.Here's to a good turn out on Saturday,enjoy.Peace,mr ed,fl.

mag said...

I tried going tonite to meet you but I couldn't get a travel partner......maybe next time, congrats on your ACE...you are definitely the DG Ambassador...cool skunk pics, luckily you didn't get sprayed......BTW... your squirrel pic mad the maggotx blog....check it out....... mag

Anonymous said...

Why did he have his wallet out on the course? You're not teaching them how to play skins are you?!
Bad Cubby!!!
-Big John

CDGW-Cubby said...

HOF, I had everyone carry ID in case we got stopped by the Police as that has been a regular happening as of late.

Anonymous said...

That squirrel is sleeping just like the parrot in the Monty Python skit is sleeping, very soundly...

Seems to me that the police and the skunks should be getting used to seeing you around at 3am by now. Have you ever been 'skunked' by one of your furry B&W friends out there?

Anonymous said...

eric, Cubby was squirted....sort of.... for a good reason too!
-HOF

CDGW-Cubby said...

Eric, Only the front bumper was squited when my car got too close to a skunk. I've learned how close I can get to them on the course without getting sprayed.