Saturday, July 14, 2007

Disc Golf on the Beach!


While working today at the Boardwalk on the Jersey shore I was pleased to see Native Eyewear doing a promotion on the beach. They had an Instep Disc Golf Basket set up on the beach and they gave you 7 Discs to throw at the basket 50 feet away. The object was to get one disc in the basket to win a Teeshirt and two in to win a pair of Sunglasses. It was very windy on the beach with a tricky tailwind. I got in line three times. I won a Teeshirt and two pairs of Sunglasses. Thanks to my daughter Jessica for taking some video of the event. I gave her the Teeshirt and one pair of Sunglasses. It was cool to see a company using Disc Golf in a promotion for their product.

Here is a link to their products: http://www.nativeyewear.com/home.php

Video of Cubby putting on the beach for the Sunglasses.



Cubby wearing his new Nano2 Sunglasses

9 comments:

Robert Zurfluh said...

Whatever happened to
"Get 7 out of 7" and win a new Audi TT?

Well done Cubby. I guess they had no idea who they were dealing with.

Anonymous said...

hey now cubby,what we really need to ask "what will Cubby do next to promote disc golf?",ha.Well done Cubby and keep 'em flying.mr ed,fl

Unknown said...

What kind of putter did you have to use? I can't believe they let you play three times. If I was running the show, "game over" the second I see you trying to get in line. Jason

CDGW-Cubby said...

Thanks Rob, Mr. Ed, and Jason. The disc were ones that came with the Instep. 2 drives 2 midranges and 2 putters. I had never thrown those brand discs before.

Robert Zurfluh said...

I heard Cubby will donate those glasses as a prize to the Bunker Hill Summer Series.....

Just so he can win them in the end

CDGW-Cubby said...

You heard wrong :) But I will bring something to donate.

Robert Zurfluh said...

A prize for 3rd.....very cool

Anonymous said...

Cubby, did anyone else win a pair of shades?
-Big John

mag said...

Damn Cubby....what a coincidence that they set up in Pt. Pleasant.....But I guess it was good for them ...they got a good Promo from you and you got sum slick shades.....good shootin....and thanks for the Kudos on my weekend tournament......mag