Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday at Tyler State Park

Cubby, Big John, EricM and his boys.


Headed up to Tyler State Park for a day of Disc Golf. Big John and I met up with EricM and played Hole 1 with Eric's boys. Afterwards, Big John and I played a round (27 hole layout) in preparation for the day's Disc Golf Tournament, "The One and Done" event. The tournament required each player to use only one disc for the entire round. If that disc was lost or broken then the event for that player was finished. So you had to pick a disc that would work best for drives, approaches and putts.

Cubby and Kevin


Kevin from Disc Golf Monthly asked me to host the first segment of his new Weekly Web Show update so I inteviewed various players during the event. The show should be on the internet in a couple of days after Kevin edits the footage.

Don, Cubby, Big John, Doot, and Maureen


During the 1 round event (27 hole layout) Cubby, Big John, Don, and Doot played together. We had a fun round. Don was one stroke out of the cash in Pro Masters and I won the Advanced Masters. I won a hole CTP (2006 Worlds Video). Big John and I played another round of 27 holes and 9 more holes before the sun went down. I chained out of hole 25 in the later round.

Thanks to all of the good people in the Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance for a great event and a special thanks to the TD, John B for a well run event. It was great to see all of my Disc Golf friends at the event.

Tournament Group Photo


Don and Britney Spears.
Nice haircuts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cubby,what disc did you use for the One and Done?

- Jordan

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hi Jordan, I used a 10X KC Pro Cheetah. I have found that disc to be the straightest flying disc I throw.