Sunday, July 19, 2009

Saturday morning Night Disc Golf at Rutgers and the 2009 Jersey Jam Disc Golf Tournament


Headed to the Rutgers Disc Golf Course after work on Friday Night. Got in lots of rounds and I played until the 2009 Jersey Jam Disc Golf Tournament started on Saturday morning. I got my 389th Ace on hole 8 with a Champion Groove before the event.


Cubby's 389th Ace Photo.

Here are some of the course skunks I saw during my Night Disc Golf rounds.







A bunny on hole 10 after sunrise.

Ed, Cubby, Mel, Miguel and Dave.

Here I am with the group I played in during the the first round of the Jersey Jam.
This was my first tournament competing in the Advaced Grand Masters Division. After the first round I was in the lead over Mel by 2strokes and Miguel by 3 strokes. The Disc Devils provided a great cook out for lunch.

Cubby, Web, Mel, Mike, Mel, and Miguel.

Here I am in the lead group of Grand Masters during the second round. I was up by two strokes with 2 holes to go with Miguel and Mel tied for second. I held on for the win and Miguel edged out Mel for second. Miguel and Mel played great during both rounds. I had a great time during both rounds with everyone I got to throw with during the tournament.

It was a fun event and the Disc Devils and all of the volunteers did a great job. It was fun to see old friends and make new ones during the event and nice to chat with so many people about my blog and YOUTUBE videos.

After the event I headed to work for a busy night on the boardwalk. After a long 40 hour stretch without sleep it was great to get home and got to bed when I got home on Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a pleasure throwing alongside such nice people. You guys couldn't have been more gracious while kicking my butt. Cubb, Mel, Miguel, Web, Steve, Slick and Black Ace Bill....I look forward to seeing you all again. Fabulous course layout...and Cubby....nice touch on your up shots, man! You were the best this day! MIKE with the long name...215-817-1051

mr ed,fl said...

hey now,congrats on your 389th ACE and the win in grandmasters at Jersey Jam.Likewise,congrats to Miguel with his second placement.Good luck at Worlds Mig,hit chains.Peace