Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Some Cubby Disc Golf Memorabilia

Now that we have moved in with Dad, I no longer have a room to hang all my discs on the wall like I had in the last house, but I do have the downstairs family room to put all my Disc Golf and other memorabilia out to display. Off to a slow start putting everything out but I thought I would post some pictures below.

Cubby's Ace Case


Cubby's first Ace Disc and the Tee Sign from Hole 13 at Newport News Park. I also got my 13th Ace on this hole on a visit to VA after moving to NJ. I was lucky that my friend Keith saved all of the old Tee Signs when they were replaced with new ones. By the way, it was 10 years ago today that I got my fist Ace. Thanks to Brad from Texas for pointing that out.


A poster from my first Worlds. I finished 28th in Advanced Masters. My best year was my last Worlds in 2003 where I finished 13th in Advanced Masters. A fond memory was finishing 3rd in Am Worlds Doubles with Brian Frederick in Nashville in 2001.

6 comments:

Quixote Kid said...

Cubby, that's cool that you've saved all your ace discs. Your 1st ace was almost exactly 10 years ago, if I read your first Ace disc correctly. 4/30/98


- Brad in Texas -

mag said...

Cubby, did your ace case replace the Wall of Aces....????

Anonymous said...

hey now,congrats on your 290th ACE.When did the Newport News course go in the ground? We left Va. Bch in '80 to move to Florida.I only knew of the Bayville(Bayshore) course at that time. Great memorabilia,especially on scoring the tee/hole sign.You have some good friends.I like the ACE case idea,but you might need a larger case for future disc's.Peace,mr ed.fl

Anonymous said...

Awesome Dude!

CDGW-Cubby said...

Brad, I should have noticed it was ten years to the day that I had my first Ace.

Mag, The case replaces the Walls of Aces.

Mr. Ed, Newport News went in the ground in 1998. I like bayville.

mag said...

As best as I can estimate....The Ace case is good for about another 40 or so aces....