Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday Disc Golf at Manalapan and Rutgers


Got a call from Miguel while I was at work saying he was free for some Disc Golf. We headed up to Manalapan recreation Center Disc Golf Course. for a round at lunch time. Miguel got me two Champion Firebirds from Marshall Street. That was sweet!!! I headed back to work. After work I stopped at Sports Authority and picked my up a new piar of Nike Hiking Shoes and a pair of Goretex shoes by Columbia. I am wearing the new Nike Shoes in the next picture.


Here I am at Rutgers for some Night Disc Golf.

Jim, Cubby, and John.

I had the pleasure of throwing a couple of rounds with Jim and John. They are working on their post graduate degrees at Rutgers. They have followed the blog and YOUTUBE videos and easily recognized me on the course.....well thats not too hard to do, as I am usually the only one out on the course at night :) I really enjoyed throwing the rounds with them and look forward to our next rounds togehter. Try as I did to Ace all I could manage was a skip shot on Hole 14 that carried through the chains. My putting was on and Jim and John played well! Only a matter of time before they both Ace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now,I'll pick your brain for help and info.What putter do you throw and weight of disc and why?Do you continue to use thrown disc to putt or change over for a putter.Some of our disc courses in S.West Fl are tight and heavy wooded with many palmetto.Dog legs to the right and left,rather a great challenge for throwing.Any words of advice since clear shots are few and the hazzards are many,ha.thanks again for you info.mr ed,fl.Peace.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hey Mr. Ed! It is always great to hear from you my friend. I use an Omega Super Soft Putter. I am not sure of the weight as it was one of my practice putters and the weight marking is long gone. i prefer using heavier discs (175 gram).

Dog legs are a real challenge, especially ones with narrow entry on the turn. Sometimes the best option is throw shorter for control and placement to keep away from all the hazards. A skip shot my be usefull as well as using an overstable disc like a firebird to get around the corner. I alos like the stratus for tournover shot mid range. I sure am hoping I get to find my way down to Florida some day and throw some rounds with you. Keep at it my friend!

Anonymous said...

hey now,likewise when I'm up in Jersey for a pleasure trip and not attending funerals.thanks for the info.Peace,mr ed.fl

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if those SW Fla. courses have as many skip shot opportunities as the fairways at Cape Henlopen? Probably a bit different than the compacted surface of the Rutger course.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Eric, As I recall, I did not have one skip shot chance at the Cape :)

Anonymous said...

hey now,SW Fl. course are sandy,loose fine dirt and some open fairways.Many scrub palmetto,oaks,pines, BUGS,SPIDERS,SNAKE,ALLIGATORS.!!

Just another day at disc golf.Peace,mr ed fl.