Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wednesday at Rutgers and Bunker Hill


After the rainy morning, I headed up to Rutgers for some Disc Golf. Got in some rounds and then Steve came by to play.


We played 3 rounds that were very fun and competitive.

Round 1 Cubby -11 Steve -10
Round 2 Cubby -11 Steve -10
Round 3 Cubby -11 Steve -9


Here is a squirel at Rutgers in front of Hole 1 tee. We saw a hawk swoop down and snatch one of these guys in it's talons and fly away on Hole 15. The poor creature looked like luggage.


After Rutgers I headed up to Rob Z's private Bunker Hill Disc Golf Course for some rounds. Rob beat me by a stroke the first round and many more strokes on the second round. After the sun went down we played night Disc Golf to -10 under. Cubby won that one.

I also got an Ace on hole 2 during the first round at Bunker Hill. Thanks for the Dollar Rob :)

Cubby's 206th Ace Photo


I lost a Champion Valkyrie on Hole 8. Hopefully Rob will find it during the daylight hours.

During the night round, Rob was using a light for his disc called Black Jax Light Pod. It looked cool on the disc but did not last long as it frequently came off of the disc and the light would turn off when the disc hit the ground and on the 4th hole we played the case came apart at impact and we could not find the the internal parts because of darkness.

4 comments:

Robert Zurfluh said...

Nice ace Cubby. Too bad I didn't watch it fly in. I'll be looking for your Valk tonight when I get home.

Holes 10-12 can really get to you as we've seen in both rounds. Cubby was ahead by 1 stroke with 2 holes to go in the first round, and after that I was ahead by one. In the second round I was -2 with 4 holes to go....in the end, I wound up even.

Hole 10 is such a tough deuce. Hole 11 and hole 12 are pretty open, and short enough. But again, accuracy is required to get the deuce, because the baskets are well protected.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Rob, Holes 10, 11, and 12 are great finishing holes! I really like the 12 hole layout.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby, a great thing to use for night disc golf is the Thill Nite-Brite LED batteries. They are good for about 20 hours of lifetime and will not have as much trouble with turning off after hitting trees. They are super small - designed to be used inside a fishing bobber for night fishermen. The red LED is the best color to use. You can buy the LEDs by themselves or buy a bobber or two as a holder for the extras. Secure it with clear duct tape to the top or bottom of your disc, and you're good to go!

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hi Scott, I have used the lights you are talking about and they work great. I used to get them local but all the stores we used to buy them at never restocked them after they were sold out.

I alos use the other type of lights that are used in fishing bobbers, the one ones you bend to break the glass inside a plastic tube, same size as the lights you describe. You shake the tube and the checmicals mix giving you a bright light that also works well for Disc Golf. LED lights are the best though. I buy the lights I just described at wall mart. 4 lights for $3.96. One time use. Thanks for sharing your info with the blog readers.