Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cubby gets 2 lefty Aces


After a very long day of work at the boardwalk with a big Saturday crowd, as I closed the store at 3:30AM with my back killing me and tired, I decided to head up to Rutgers for some Disc Golf forcing myself to get out and play instead of letting work be an excuse for me not getting out to play. I stopped for breakfast before arriving at the course. During the first round I saw 3 skunks. One on Hole 8 (the usual starting hole) and 2 skunks on Hole 13. Here are some pictures of the skunks. I got pretty close to them being very sneaky. I've learned how to approach them without getting sprayed.

Two skunks


A skunk close encounter


For the second round I decided to throw all lefty drives. Once again starting on hole 8. I got my 201st Ace (9th lefty Ace) on Hole 9. I had to go back to the car to get new batteries for the camera so I could take the usual trophy picture of the Ace on 9. When I got back from the car I took the standard pics and then I tee'd off on Hole 10 and got my 202nd Ace (10th Lefty Ace) It was a great shot. I had my hands up in the air like Rocky as the disc was half way to the hole, I just flet like it was going to go in from seeing the route and sure enough it stuck. Hole 10 was the last hole I needed to Ace every hole at Rutgers so it was an extra special Ace!

Cubby's 201st Ace Photo


Cubby's 202nd Ace Photo


Hole 10 back of number plate inscription


After getting the Ace on 10 I decided to head home so I could get some sleep before heading back for another long work day. I am glad I forced myself to get out and play, it paid off way beyond my greatest expectations. Now I am heading to bed.

6 comments:

Robert Zurfluh said...

Cubby vandalizes the course.....

Well done! Lefty aces. Now you can cut off your right arm ;-)

Anonymous said...

What an amazing achievment. I hope all of Cubby's blog readers will someday get a chance to visit Rutgers and play a round with Cubby. You will see for yourself howw difficult some of these aces were and you will have the pleasure of playing Disc Golf with one of the greatest ambassadors the game has, or ever will have.
Imagine aceing every hole on a disc golf course, how many people in the world have done that? One?
-Big John

CDGW-Cubby said...

Thanks Rob and Big John.

Big John no one has seen me Ace more times than you so your comments are special as I know no one else can appreciate all the Aces I have made like you can. You continue to be an inspiration to my game.

Cubby

Unknown said...

What an achievement Cubby! I remember back in January, you saying that was the only hole you had not aced.
I'm liking the new route on hole 9. I wish had seen them when I was out there- I was still wet behind the ears on the possibilities of over stable plastic. I can see a Flick or a Max hitting an ace now. I'll have to give them a try next time I make it out that way. Jason

CDGW-Cubby said...

Jason, Thanks for the congrats and I am looking forward to the next time we get to throw some rounds.

Cubby

Anonymous said...

hey now cubby,"..two skunks on the course somewhere and I'm aceing to high heaven.."So now that you've mastered the Rutgers course where next,perhaps Chimney Rock?Congrtas from Florida.mr ed