Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cubby gets his 100th Ace of the year!


WOW! 100 Aces in 2006, before the end of the 11th Month! But more about that later.

Headed up to Rutgers for some Disc Golf after work. Got a call from Big John while I was on the way up to Rutgers and he said he would meet me on the course.




Big John and I played a couple of rounds and then we played some holes with Scot Wittman, the legendary forehand shooter and lifelong player at Rutgers Disc Golf Course. Scot got his first Ace at Rutgers back in the mid 80's.


Big John gave me a couple of chances to win back my old putter if I could Ace with it on hole 9, but I failed in two successive rounds. That would have been sweet. Big John had to leave so I continued on. I got my 152nd Ace on Hole 18. It was my 100th Ace of the year, my 8th lefty Ace, and my 2nd Lefty Skip Ace. Looking back to 2004 my best year for Aces was 6. In 2005 I had 25 Aces and could not imagine improving on that number. 2006 was a milestone in so many ways, learning to throw lefty this year was a gift. Life is good, really good! I have learned that anything is possible if you have the passion and dedication to make it happen. Believe in accomplishing the impossible and have confidence in your self. A fair amount of skill and lots of good luck helps.

Cubby's 152nd Ace Photo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations Cubby. I wish I could have been there.
-Big John