Saturday, June 13, 2009

One from the CDGW mail bag


I get lots of e-mails and comments and personal messages from my blog posts and YOUTUBE videos. I try to respond to everyone that has a question or comment for me unless it is a negative item and those I just ignore. I recently received a private message through my YOUTUBE account that I would like to share with my Blog readers. I have permission from the person that sent this message to share it with you. I am sharing this message because it was kind, appreciative and thoughtful and it also is some great feedback for me on the impact that my Blog and YOUTUBE videos have on some nice people out there.

Here is the message I received from Brandon Stephens:

First off....... I had never even heard of disc golf until I ran across a video of you on youtube. I watched every one of your videos and fell in love with the sport before i even had thrown a disc. And whats crazy is that theres a 9 hole disc golf course in the park in my neighborhood. Had never known what the baskets were used for. Its awesome man, me and my friends play every day. And its like the course is ours because not many people know about this little 9 hole course. I started playing in February and have almost played every day since i started. Its the most addicting sport ive ever played. And I have a course in my neighborhood so that makes it even better. Anyway, I started playing mini's in the end of April. And thanks to you I hit my first ace on a forearm skip to win the ace pot of $765.00. That was probably the biggest rush I have ever had. And its all thanks to you. I just thought I would tell you how grateful I am for the videos you post. Thanks for all the knowledge you put out there. I hope one day I can hit the lottery and can take a trip to play along side with you. Thanks,

Brandon Stephens


I sent Brandon a personal response and would like to thank him and everyone else out there that has sent me positive feedback. I am glad to be doing my little part in helping promote the sport and glad to be adding motivation for others out there in their passion for the Disc Golf.

BTW Brandon, I remember how sweet my first Ace was, I can just imagine how sweet yours was hitting an Ace pot for $765.00!!!!!!!! I can't imagine it getting any better than that!

Cubby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon, Great letter.
Where do you live?
You probably don't need to win the lottery to get to Jersey.

-HOF (1)

mr ed.fl said...

hey now,likewise about the letter.One of the best addiction one can achieve.Enjoy yoyr time playing Brandon,see you on a disc golf course someday.Hit chains,Peace