Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saturday Disc Golf at Rutgers and the 2008 Jersey Jam Disc Golf Tournament.


Headed up to Rutgers after work on Friday arriving at the course at 3:30AM on Saturday. I played lots of rounds of Disc Golf and got my 316th and 317th Aces.


A view of Hole 15 before sunrise from Hole 7's fairway.


Cubby's 316th Ace Photo.


Cubby's 317th Ace Photo.


A local critter was watching as I got my 317th Ace.

Maybe I should have been an Artist.

Saturday is the Am portion of the 2008 Jersey Jam Disc Golf Tournament. There were 82 players competing on Saturday. I won the Masters Divison by 2 strokes over my friend Tim Gannota, we tied for second last year at the Jam. It was a great event that included lunch.


Mel from Brooklyn, NY won the Grand Master Divsion. Fortunately he did not end up in a tree like he did here in practice.


Here is a shot of everyone at the players meeting. 82 Players showed up for the event.

Cubby, Jim, Hope, and Harry

Here is my foursome for the first round of the tournament.

I forgot to get a picture of my fourseome for the second round. The foursome was: Cubby, Rich, Adam, Tim.


Professional grade Scot Whitman manning the camera for the event.



A video of the awards ceremony for the Masters Divison.


A cool Trophy picture.

Congrats to Erik S for winning the Discatcher Sport Target during the CTP contest.

Dennis, Cubby, Spook, and Chris.

After the event it was time for Night Disc Golf!


Kevin (Disc Golf Monthly Producer) joined me and Dennis for more Night Disc Golf. I finally finished playing Disc Golf around 11PM.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice victory Cubby! And as always congrats on the Aces. Is that the first tourney you've played as of lately?

-Greg

Quixote Kid said...

316 and 317! Nice! And you won the Tournament! Congratulations!

-Brad in Texas-

CDGW-Cubby said...

Thanks Greg and Brad! I worked from 2PM-230AM then drove to Rutgers and played from 3:30AM until 11 PM, got some Aces and won my division plus I am worn out :) but can't wait to play again soon! I usually play a couple of tournaments a year. The Jam, Fall Colors in Newport News in November and maybe one or two more in the fall if I can manage the time off.

Edge said...

Sweet shot of basket 15 with the mist in the background. Nice shooting at the Jam! EE

Anonymous said...

hey nice Video of your awards....how did you film it with a tripod?

CDGW-Cubby said...

Thanks EE! Great to hear from you my friend.

No tripod, that is Miguel behind the camera.

Anonymous said...

hey now,congrats on your #316&317ACES.Looks like a nice tour bag along with the win in Grand Masters.Great shot of basket 15 in the early morn.You do have the eye for shots,both disc and pics."Cubby's Discs and Pics",has a nice ring to it.
Well, we finally were able to get some rounds thrown,surprised myself with back to back 73,74,76 rounds.Still looking for that first ACE,perhaps today.Just recieved a new disc from Quest A Technologies,174 INFERNO.Waiting for the rain downpour to subside,typical Florida afternoon.Hot,Sunny,Blueskies.RAIN!!Peace,mr ed