Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Cubby takes the Worlds first ever Ace Photo capturing the flight of the disc from tee to basket in one exposure


I started my day off with my friend Petey playing 7 games of Bocce Ball. We won 3 game a piece and during the final round I was up 10-4. Petey came back and tied it 11-11. I thought I had the last point until Petey on his last ball knocked my ball away giving him the 12th point. Nice job Petey!

After 3 1/2 hours of Bocce Ball I met my wife for lunch then headed home to let the dogs out. I stayed at home until 4:30 PM then I headed up to Rutgers for the Weekly Disc Golf Doubles.


Here we are at Hole 15's basket before starting the doubles round. My doubles partner was John from Brooklyn, NY. It was a blast throwing the round with him.


After doubles I stayed for some Night Disc Golf. I got my 311th Disc Golf Ace on Hole 9. I took a photo of the shot capturing the entire flight of the disc from tee to basket. I left the lens open for 8 seconds at ISO 60 and the timer on for 10 seconds giving me just enough time to sprint from the camera behind the basket to the tee 104 feet away uphill to make the throw and capture the shot in a unique photo, the Worlds first Ace Photo showing the flight of a disc from tee to basket.


Cubby 311th Ace Photo.

Click on the photo below to see a full size picture.

The Worlds First Ace Photo showing the flight of the disc from tee to basket in a single photgraphic exposure. (The Digital Camera used was the Nikon P80 and the disc used was the Flashflight from Playhard, Inc.)


On my way back to the car I ran into Chris L. and we played 3 rounds of Disc Golf. I shot a 13 under, 11 under, and 12 under. Chris had a new putter from a Canadian company. The disc is called the Woodchuck. It is even softer than an Omega Super Soft Putter and Chris made lots of nice long putts with it.


We ran into one of the course skunks after playing Hole 18.


Here is a night shot of Chris on the tee for hole 3.

After Disc Golf, I headed home for some much needed time in the Jacuzzi.

6 comments:

Quixote Kid said...

Cubby, congrats on your ace! And another first with the one exposure. That is quite a feat.

-Brad in Texas-

Flashflight said...

Cubby! Nice Ace with the Flashflight. That's fantastic. How many tries did I have with that fat lid on that same hole and bounced it off the basket, top and chains? You nailed it.

Been playing a bunch of disc golf this summer in Crested Butte at a couple of our local courses. I'll post some pictures for you soon.

Look forward to seeing you in February!
Jeff

Anonymous said...

hey now,awesome shot.Both your ACE and the vid picture,congrats.Very surralistic imagery.Hard to believe those are night shots,keep up your artistic shooting.Peace,mr ed,fl

Anonymous said...

hey now,have to bust your chops.Are you showing us what your #322 ACE will be?I need to get me one of those digital camers that shoot the future,ha.Only busting your chops,hope you see/get the weird sense of humor.Peace.mr ed

mag said...

Well....You told me 3 weeks ago when you first got this camera that you wanted to try this.....well Congratulations Mr. Cubby....you outdid yourself.....keep in touch.....mag

Robert Zurfluh said...

Impressive....