Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Disc Golf at Manalapan


Big John came by the store to visit and we headed to the Manalapan Recreation Center Disc Golf Course for a quick round during lunch.


A major park construction project (adding new ball fields to the many already existing ball fields) and most likely under considerable expense has resulted in the loss of Hole 7 and destruction of the basket during it's removal from the ground. So sad. Must have been too hard for someone to figure out to ask for the key and unlock the pole from the sleeve to remove the pole and then dig up the sleeve and surronding cement.


In honor of the departed hole 7, here is a video of the only Ace on Hole 7. The trees have all been removed and the ridge leveled. A moment of silence please for the loss of hole 7.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

cubby I just found you, hope to see more of you

Anonymous said...

hey now,likewise we "lost" our putting basket and area to construction of two MORE ball fields at North Charlotte Regional Park,Fl.Someone has a nice basket for their personal use.Peace,mr ed,fl

mag said...

Hey Cubby....I think you should forward that picture to the Monmouth County Parks Department. I'm sure the contractor who did this is liable and should have to fix it....here is their e-mail link.....mag

info@monmouthcountyparks.com

Quixote Kid said...

Dang! I just spent $360 on 2 DisCatchers for my front 9. I've still got 7 to go...and to see that makes me sick!

Cubby, thanks for posting the video ace. I had not seen that one of yours before...

Brad in Texas

CDGW-Cubby said...

To anonymous, Glad you found me. welcome aboard!

Mr. Ed, It always makes my day to see your comments. I can't wait till we get to throw some rounds someday.

Mad, I would have thought that the Manalapan Rec Center Park folks would have been keeping an eye on this project.

Brad, Looking forward to you completing your front 9. Must be nice down in Texas for Disc Golf this time of year.

Unknown said...

Cubby could you reach out to the Manalapan Rec Dept and express your concerns? It would be more effective coming from someone who plays there on a regular basis.

Let me know the next time you come down to play Alexandria. I've added alternate tees.

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hi Matt, I will let the Manalapn Rec Center folks know about the issue. I will certainly let you know next time I can make it to Alexandria. Looking forward to throwing some rounds with you in the future. BTW, nice job on the Alexandria course.

Unknown said...

Thanks Cubby, Alex does have a nice mix of holes.

In regards to Manalapan, contact.Jerry Collincini at: parksandrec@twp.manalapan.nj.us and inquire if its possible to expand the course to 18 holes now that they have begun the park expansion as well as the issue with #7. That's a shame I really liked that hole.

Matt