Saturday, March 01, 2008

Cubby gets T-boned on the road


Cubby's car


Other driver's Car

This is not Disc Golf related but thought I would pass on some Cubby news for those inquiring blog followers. I was driving to work today and someone blindly floored it between a row of stopped vehicles in the opposing lane of my direction of travel and i was hit broadside into the driver side of my car. The left side of my head is sore from the impact but I am ok otherwise. So the Cubby mobile is out of service for a while. I am driving Dad's back-up Caddy. I will post pictures in the near future. Not sure when I will be out on the course next. I hope it is soon as I have not played since 20 Feb.


Overhead view of accident

5 May Update: My car is totaled. Waiting for the check. The other driver went to court and plead to a lessor offense resulting in a $450 dollar fine. My car gets totaled and the town makes the money on the deal, what a country!

8 comments:

Robert Zurfluh said...

Darn it Cubby,

this is the longest stretch of you not paying Disc Golf since 1997!

Hope you're not hurting too bad. Was looking forward to a surprise Sunday morning visit to join Miguel and me from the Ace-hunter himself.

See you soon my friend!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you weren't seriously hurt.

Maybe you need one of these

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/prodimages/tbone_srp.jpg

Anonymous said...

Poor Cubby! I hope you get better soon and can go discin'

mag said...

You you crazy guy..At least it's only your head and NOT you Dual-Throwing arms..let me know when you are available to play..I will hold off on my day off this week to hear from you..Any day, you let me know....mag

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby,

Hope the healing process is going well and you're back on the course soon! EE

Anonymous said...

hey now, speedy recovery.Take two asprin and rest.Perhaps you should just throw some mini disc's around the house to keep limber.Stay safe.Peace,mr ed.fl

mag said...

Welcome to NJ....The Police State...watch, before it's over you'll end up owing the State money...Godd Luck...mag

Anonymous said...

OH CUB! I can't believe you got hit with your car totaled. I HOPE and PRAY you recover quickly and get the compensation you need to get another set of wheels. The Caddy is a smooth riding car but it really sucks quite a bit of gas. I talked to dad but you weren't there. He told me you also have a case of the flu. GET BETTER BIG BROTHER, OK? I will be calling you~

Linda