Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Cubby gets his 127th Ace!


Big John and Kim came by the store to say hello and we ended up going out to eat seafood. I got off of work around 6PM and headed up to Rutgers for some Disc Golf. I called up Big John and he came out to the course and we played 6 rounds or so. I ended up losing my car key but I had a spare. Big John left the course after 11PM and I stayed to look for the key and play some more. I found the key and continued playing until I got my 127th Ace. It was my 100th Ace at Rutgers and my 75th Ace of the year. As I was walking back to the vehicle I noticed a couple of police cars next to my car. My vehicle registration had expired and I was cautioned not to drive the vehicle or the car would be towed. They asked about Disc Golf and one of the officers took a throw at one of the baskets. I need to get my registration updated this morning.

I forgot to put my camera in the car so no pictures to post, however I may post some audio of some of the hole by hole commentary at a later date.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you really going to retire that beautiful old CE T-bird?

CDGW-Cubby said...

Hi Edge, I retire all of my Ace discs. I know in ball golf the tradition is to retire the ball after an Ace and I have 1 ball golf Ace so when I took up Disc Golf I kept with the tradition. I have lots of CE discs that are retired that I wish I was still using. This disc in particular was found by me on the street when I was traveling between courses at the 2003 PDGA AM Disc Golf World Championships in Kansas City. (The disc was on a hot street 10 miles from any Disc Golf course and warped from the heat and being runned over by cars. But CE discs fly forever no matter what their condition. I have a 2001 CE Roc I retired too that I am sure it is worth some bucks. That may have been the last of my CE discs, I Ace'd with everyone I had except the CE Firebird I lost on the roof of a building during a practice round at the Am Worlds in Miami in 2002.

Anonymous said...

Someday you'll have to get all of those ace discs displayed up on a wall somewhere. They look pretty cool all piled up in your video, but spread out, covering an entire wall would be a sight.