Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend is underway!


Although I did not play Disc Golf today, this story is Disc Golf related so I am posting it in the blog.

As many of my friends know, maybe not so many of my blog friends, I am the Manager for two Ice Cream / Candy stores on the Boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. Today is the big kick-off for the Summer Season at the Jersey Shore and with the crowds also comes the media. We were featured on the New York affiliate of ABC TV and also on 880 WCBS Radio in New York City. I had the pleasure of getting interviewed by a very charming reporter, Marla Diamond. She is really a positive and energetic reporter and I enjoyed the time she epent in the store. After the interview I just happened to mention Disc Golf (Go figure!) and she seemed very interested in doing a piece in the future on Disc Golf. So some Wednesday I may get share my passion for Disc Golf with the New York and New Jersey metro listening audience. Hopefully Marla will be checking out the blog to see what Disc Golf is all about. Thanks Marla for a great interview!

Here is a link to Marla's web Bio on WCBS Radio:
http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/2408.php?contentType=4&contentId=92972

No comments: